[APP][Pro] Apple Find My

@Bent_Ole_Davidsen what did you do? Then I know how to help others :stuck_out_tongue:

@Espen_H1 I see errors now, but i have to figure out why it fails

I wish i knewšŸ˜‚ I just tried to log in and it workedšŸ˜…

@Bent_Ole_Davidsen and did you login first on Find Devices - Apple iCloud? or not at all?

1 Like

Hi Martijn,

I downloaded your app Find My.
Now I should log in with my Apple ID.
Where should I log in? Canā€™t find it anywhere.

Greetings Ben

2 Likes

@Benvo this is a English forum thread
Please translate your post.

To login just go to add device and the login will show up there

2 Likes

Yes i did!

1 Like

thanks for your answer

1 Like

@Bent_Ole_Davidsen then thatā€™s probably the fix for the unauthenticated sessions :smiley:

@CyberSponk I got your report. but the status of the airpods is unknown. Can you check if thereā€™s status in Find Devices - Apple iCloud ?

Hi Martijn,
Have some updates for you. Might help.
I have tested a bit today regarding the intervals on the refresh requests. Still referring to my picture from earlier today. A gut feeling is telling me there is some kind of timeout with Apple around 900 seconds? When the countdown lasts longer than 900, I donā€™t get an updated status from Apple until I restart Find My. That was more or less consistent. With 900 or less, I do get an updated result and the last three runs have been successful.
Regarding the logon notification email from Apple, I only receive it after Find My has been restarted and the refresh card has executed.
Also, I read in the thread that someone commented on 100% battery. I noticed that on the first refresh, it sometimes shows 100%, while on the second refresh, 30 seconds later, it was correct.
This is how my test flow looks like now: It show that the second resfresh happends when I have around 830 seconds left on the timer. (900-30), but when I start the timer at 920, it failesā€¦

@Espen_H1 thanks. I spoked to the guy who made the SDK for this. And he said that the session expires after 15 minutes. So I guess thatā€™s the issue. I will check if I can reproduce and fix that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I checked iCloud. There is no battery or charging indicator on the AirPods:

homey_airpods

On AppleWatch or iPhone there is a Indicator:

homey_phone

Is it possible that AirPods doesnā€™t have this information/indicators? Have two AirPods and they both look the same.

@CyberSponk yes I expected that already. Will remove the battery for those devices :wink:

1 Like

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.2.0):

:exclamation: TIP:
Read the FAQ ā†’ [APP][Pro] Apple Find My - #4 by martijnpoppen

Changelog:

NEW
1. NEW: add battery status to sensor tab |

FIXES
1. FIX: add extra logging to debug errors
2. FIX: add more logs to debug API issues
3. FIX: battery status on startup
4. FIX: remove battery if device is accessory
5. FIX: throw error on login when user has to login first on Find Devices - Apple iCloud
6. FIX: authentication after 15 minutes session invalidation
7. FIX: flowcards not tirggering

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Find My - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Donā€™t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version ā†’ (Find My App for Homey | Homey)

@CyberSponk @Espen_H1 see update above, this should fix most issues :crossed_fingers:

@DaanV fix for flowcards aswell :slight_smile:

Great, Iā€™ll test it :slightly_smiling_face:

Removed AirPods and add them again but battery is still there:

Is this view normal after deleting a device?

Thanks for the reports @Espen_H1 ill
Have a look this weekend