[APP][Pro] Apple Find My

@CyberSponk can you send a new report?

Not that view is not normal but not something I can fix. Probably a refresh of the webapp will be enough

@martijnpoppen, Cool App. I was looking at using the started /stopped charging to create a sleep / awake function but this is strictly charging, when battery full, it changes state to stopped charging.
Today I use activations from my iPhone where there is a function where phone is connected / disconnected to power that do work. Is it possibly to make a flowcard with this same function to Connect / disconnect power in the find my app?

Hi @Hans-Christian
Thanks

No that unfortunately not possible. I donā€™t receive that data from the API

Done > 8847b98a-2bc1-423c-b1a3-537f7157dc09

1 Like

db979ec3-f542-426c-a260-9459d7226924

I get a neat message from Apple that my account is being used, but adding it doesnā€™t work. It keeps running endlessly (see picture)
I restarted Homey, restarted the app, but nothing helpsā€¦

Just tested find me via the browser no problem. And to my surprise tried my wifeā€™s account and it works immediately. Shoot me but leakā€¦

@Ad_van_Liempt i see errors but as mentioned in earlier posts above I have to figure out what goes wrong. Thereā€™s no documentation for this API

1 Like

Hi Martijn.
As you noticed, Iā€™ve spamed you with reports. Still testing. I will execute my flow a couple more times before I enable and start testing with your refresh card.
Btw: Itā€™v been running with 15 minutes timer all night. No issue. It was after I extented the timer to 60 minutes and back to 20, that the app didnā€™t want any more.

1 Like

Hi Martijn,

this topic is so active and I tried to read all the last posts, but Iā€™m still not sure if this topic has already been mentioned, sorry.

From what I have observed the last two days, it makes no difference if the location tracking is enabled or disable regarding the battery consumption.
After this function was added, I deleted my old devices and added them again. But I didnā€™t notice any change. I didnā€™t change the server request, so it was 5 seconds.
Even after disabling the app, it seemed that the battery consumption was higher than without the Find My app. Maybe I should have restarted Homey and/or the smartphone.
I made these observations with the ā€œoldā€ app version 1.0.8.
Iā€™m the only one with this problem?

Unfortunately, I had to uninstall the app for now, because otherwise I would always have to take a portable power station with me. :joy:

Hi @DirkG,
I am also concerned about battery usage. That is why I have been testing with higher update interval, to build up some battery usage history. But then we hit another wall, authentication, that still causing some issues he is looking into.

2 Likes

@DirkG no nothing has changed since then. The battery consumption is really high and Iā€™m wondering if I need to keep this app live

I canā€™t fix that, youā€™ll probably have the same if you keep the Find Devices - Apple iCloud open all day

1 Like

But why seems to be the battery consumption unchanged when location tracking, I guess this is the part with the most battery consumption, is disabled?

@DirkG i donā€™t think location can be disabled. My guess is it doesnā€™t work.

Same when you go to iCloud.com.find itā€™s always tracking the location

What a pityā€¦
Do you know if there is another way to monitor the battery charge status of a MacBook?

@DirkG might be possible with a bash script which pings to a homey webhook?

But this app is quite too heavy Iā€™m afraid

1 Like

Does the Card ā€œUpdate Device Dataā€ (German = GerƤtedaten aktualisieren) also get the current Gps Lat/Lon if location tracking (German = Standortverfolgung) is disabled?

@CyberSponk yes, because it seems that the location disabling doesnā€™t work

Hey Homeys!

I just found this app (through the Homey newsletter) and got really exited! :smiley:

Howeverā€¦the discussion about the battery drainage is concerning. iPhone is not known for their battery capacity and having an app that eat mA is not that appealing.

I have read through the threadā€¦but I was not able to find anything about if there is a workaround for this issue. So should I install the app or should skip this one if battery life is important for me?

Cheers
Fred

Hi @Paxman
Wait what? Homey newsletter? I didnā€™t see that

But no thereā€™s no workaround see [APP][Pro] Apple Find My - #112 by martijnpoppen

You headlined the newsletter! :smiley:

Too bad that there is no workaroundā€¦ah wellā€¦maybe Iā€™ll try it anyway. I assume that one can uninstall it if it turns out that it is unbearable.

1 Like

@Paxman ah thatā€™s the forum update :slight_smile:
The real newsletter is something else

Yep not sure yet how to fix and if possible at all

1 Like