[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Hey Jamie thanks for the amazing app. Ive just added the sonos beam and had the same outcome as Rocodamelsheki results.
Just wondering on the smart light will colour change be added? All lights working great and dim capability.
Made a small donation for your hard work mate.

those conversion are fine as a start. then use a svg capable editing tool and get down to business :wink:.
if it was easy work than jamie would do it.

Rocodamelsheki

Play/Pause doesnt work with grouped items, just confirming that your Sonos one isnt in a group?

Was grouped yes, wil test ungrouped tonight

1 Like

Sorry and just to confirm that alexa annouce and alexa whisper both work correctly?

Will report back tonight m8

Has been released to the test channel, it resolves some issues with third part features

• Removes Simon Says from Sonos One, Sonos Beam and Orbi voice.
  • Removes whisper and announce from Orbi voice
  • Removes ‘sounds’ from Sonos One and Sonos Beam

@Markus_F window coverings are possible but low on the priority list as I dont have a window covering which makes it incredibly difficult.

2 Likes

I could make an SVG out of it for you, no worries. :slight_smile:
Only @Jamie I don’t know how to get the ID :slight_smile:

If you restart the app, and wait a minute for the device to become available then send me diagnostic report along with the type and name of the device ill be able to hunt it down :slight_smile:

how can I add a device if it isn’t supported yet? Or can you actually find the not supported devices in the report? :open_mouth:

I should be able to find it in the report.

1 Like

What about translations? I offer to work on the German version, if you provide me the English source file.

Works like a charm on my older Echos, will there be support for the Echo Studio?

Yeah I would love some help translating the app.

RE: The studio check out the FaQ

Just for the record: can there be 2x One in one group or is that also not allowed?
It’s a stereo pair u know

They can be in a group, but you cant control the media (play/pause) of a group from an individual device. As far as Amazon is concerned a ‘group’ is a completely different device, but only for media commands apparently.

I had a similar problem, you can set up alexa to ‘play to a group’ automatically when you ask for music on a specific speaker. "play to all upstairs by default’ my app will actually coorectly trigger it … but then you can no longer control the songs using the app and it can throw my app off …

I hope that explains it.

Ok. Tested with 2 One’s in a stereo pair: same result as above. Whisper and announce does also not work, just speak!
Not gonna unpair the speakers because that’s too much work. They are wall mounted and the mount itself does also have to be removed to reach the pair button.
If u want me to test anything specific then plz lemme know.

Code: 77113011-ca77-438d-bd09-72283da7f4a3

Dear Community,

does anyone else realised that no Alexa device is reacting to anything anymore?
Already tried to unpair the devices from Homey. Deleted the whole app, and reinstalled the devices successfully, but still no reactions. I als tried the the beta now but no matter what I try none of my Alexas is reacting. Nothing to hear when I hit the Weather Report button, nothing when I create a flow using Alexa says neither Musik is playing or “do not disturb mode” is enabling?

I am connected to EU Region and all devices show up when I add them to Homey, they only do not react.

Does anyone has a suggestion?

Regards
Andreas

I have 2 Sonos One’s. A Gen 1 and a Gen 2. These are Mono Speakers (no pairing). On both i have the same result as @Rocodamelshekima : No Alexa announce and no Whisper.

1 Like

I can translate to German → how can i help?