[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Why doesn’t alexa voice work?

You are connected to the wrong ‘server’, you can go to the settings, disconnect and try one of the other servers (US,EU,AU). Just because you live in a geo location, doesn’t mean that where you first signed up your devices. (Originally only the US server existed).

Can I add a new alexa device?

Yes I can add new devices, but I will require first the assets and device information in order to add it.

1. SVG of the new device in the same aesthetic as the other icons I have.
  2. An image of the device ideally 2000x2000px in the same aesthetic as the other images I have (white background etc).
  3. The name of the device, and its average power usage.
  4. The unique identifier of the device, I can normally find these out with some help and a diagnostic report.
  5. Someone to test each and every feature of the app upon new device and report back if any features do not work.

Will there be support for X?

See above

Whats next?

• Support for newer amazon alexa devices. (Flex/Studio/etc).
  • More smart home device types, perhaps thermostat.
  • Poll Alexa for changes to a smart home device and Sync the ‘state’ with Homey.
  • Add a new condition for DND to the flows
  • Ability to trigger alexa scenes from with in a flow.
  • Investigate homey reset causing loss of TTS
  • Add Flow trigger, when alexa hears a specific set of words.
  • Arm/Disarm alexa guard.
  • Update the app to fully support other languages.
  • Make a better ’ you can close the browser’ page after sign in.
  • Maybe nothing.

Can you add feature X or Y

Long Answer : If you cant do it through the alexa website alexa.amazon.com or worse case the alexa phone app. Then no I can not add it. If you can do it through the app, check out whether its in “whats next” list above. If its not, the I doubt it, but you can ask.

Short Answer : I Doubt it.

Why don’t my routines show in the flow action

For a routine to show, it must be given a name with in the alexa app.

Why does the app stop working?

There could be a couple of reasons for this, the most common is that you have set homey to restart nightly/weekly and this is causing the app to not reconnect.

3 Likes