[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

It’s an issue with the app, here is a (Dutch) thread about the same issue. Athom’s solution is that you need to fully and completely reset your Hue setup first, then add it back to Homey.

It all smells like a load of BS to me because the issues started with an update of the Homey Hue app, and other platforms aren’t affected in any way (like you already found out with HA), but that’s the official statement of Athom.

… fully and completely reset your Hue setup first, then add it back to Homey.

Does that mean: deleting all hue-devices in homey, delete the hue-app in homey and then begin from scratch? Or does that mean: reseting the hue-bridge itself???

Most recent Hue Test app advertised that it fixed this…it didn’t. As I use Homey to trigger Hue scenes it is a minor issue for me but does upset my OCD when a light shows as being purple in Homey but the actual colour in the Hue app. Not worth the hassle of fully and completely resetting my Hue setup

Any way to ‘disable’ or ‘enable’ a sensor from Homey, so it’s visible in the Hue app?

Basically just toggling this in the Hue accessory list.

It is possible to disable and enable a sensor in a flow. This has, for me anyway, been reflected in Hue app

A stupid question but could be costly if not asked. I have been planning the lighting indoors and outdoors and have decided to use Philips Hue Homey combo for that.

Question is simple: do all Philips hue products that work with the Hue Bridge integrate to Homey without problems? In other words, connecting Hue Bridge to Homey and I can use all Hue products through Homey?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

My experience has been Yes, all the Hue products that I have connected to 3 bridges, indoor and outdoor products do work well with Homey. I wish I could say that that was all Hue products but it isn’t. I have several outdoor hue strips, floodlights and outdoor sensors. Indoors I have dozens of Hue spots, several strips and a few indoor sensors. They all work. What I have found very helpful is to use Hue scenes and to set these via flows, this seems far faster and more reliable than trying to use Homey to manage scenes

1 Like

Thank you for the answer. This cleared things up. Is there some type of limit to devices you can connect to Hue Bridge or problems with the connection range since there is a need for several bridges?

Yes, there is a limit to how many devices you can connect to a Hue bridge, 50 if memory serves. That’s why I have 3 bridges and it’s something that Homey helps manage more conveniently than thet Hue phone app as it cannot “see” more than one Hue bridge at a time. Easy enough to swap between bridges but that’s an extra step. The Hue bridge situation is made more of a chore because you cannot have more than one bridge attached to a Hue account which means that for my three bridges I cannot access more than one if I am not on my home network. Homey can send commands to them all from the Homey app not matter where I am.
Range for Hue tends not to be a problem as Hue devices form their own Zigbee network with each device “extending the range”

1 Like