[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

It looks like I have a smilar problem like some folks mentioned above,

philips-hue-motion-sensor-stops-reporting-movement-app-hue-with-bridge

Since some times the motionsensor stops reporting after a while,
after restarting the app , everythings works fine, ( i have to do this (almost) daily.

I use this to see if my wife is awake and i can call here,(she works all ours) and I don’t want to wake her.
I usually look if a zone is active or not, but when the sensor stops reporting , there is no notification (see diiference in Yellow)

The app is not completely crashed, i have flows with zwave sensors turning hue lights on, this still works, How to solve this mystery ?
I think I detected this problem for the first time, is between 3 and 5 weeks ago.

Same issue here. Already had three mornings waking up with the sensors/button data not being received by Homey. Looking in the app it usually has a last update of many hours ago, even on the temperature/brightness data.

Restarting the app helps, after which new data comes in after a few minutes. Still very annoying though.

I have the same problem of lost connection with Hue every few hours. And also with my Netatmo wheather station. It is very annoying since your home system is not reliable anymore and behaves differently, and you need to repair/reinstall the app several times a day.

Until there is a solution: I have made an automatic notification for a broken connection (after a while). You can reset a timer (by using the app Chronograph) every time the Hue sensor is active. And send a notification when the timer runs to zero, AND e.g. you are at home. (It gives a false report if no one enters the room for a while.)

Hi,
I recently replaced my batteries on my 100% working pir sensor from phillips hue, but after that the motion information does not register at homey, just the temp and lux. It works fine on the hue app. I restarted hue on homey, and tried to repair the sensor. No luck. Any ideas of what’s going on?

That problem I also had.

In the and I deleted the sensor in the Hue app and added it there after again.

Yeah, might need to do that. Is there a way to not have to add the ned sensor manually in every flow?

I didn´t notice but you are right. Netatmo weather station is working fine for me…except the wind station

Hi all,

Since a few weeks, my three ‘wall switches’ behave strange: when I toggle the switch, this is not registered by Homey. I then restart the Hue app in homey and all is fine for a few hours it seems, and then they won’t register toggles anymore and I have to restart the Hue app again.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I have exactly the same since a couple off weeks with my outdoor sensor

Restarting homey sometimes several times a day

Hope anyone has a clue on how to solve because a LOT of flows depend on my sensor

Edit

Adding a screenshot from my iphone does not work …. Currently my sensor is not reporting for 9 hours :cry:

Restart homey triggered the restart of the 5 min interval again

@MiK and @Dennis_H74: have you seen my workaround suggestion in this topic on June 13th? It seems to work most of the time. (although it’s a temporary solution)

Thanks, I ‘fixed’ this for now, by setting a daily reboot in Homey settings :wink: Seems a bit drastic but for now it works fine.

Hi

Thanks for the tip.
Already thought of that but will not work for me i think.

Its not happening once a day … but multiple times a day ( now not updated for an hour again after my last reboot this morning :frowning: )

This means restarting all day long … also causing times to reset on the homey for other apps for example

Thanks again for trying to help out

-edit- … will try the same butvthen restart the app instead of reboot :+1: … thanks again for the tip

Hi, it also happens multiple times a day in my case. Since you can choose the duration of the timer that will trigger a restart of the app, this should be no problem. (The option to restart apps for Homey Pro 2023 occurs when enabling ‘Power user’ in section ‘Experiments’ in the settings.)

Hi, I know there have been some changes with Hue recently, and my setup, which has worked fine for a long time, has now stopped working, so I’m wondering if there is a workaround or fix.

TL:DR: switching a group made in the Hue app turns the physicaly lights in the group on or off, but the individual light status of the lights that are in Homey do not follow.

Hardware: Homey Pro 2019 (v10.0.10), Philips Hue app (v6.1.14), Philips Hue Bridge, Philips Hue Lights (no 3rd party lights), Aqara Wall Switches.

Hue setup: I have multiple lights set up in groups in the Hue app, for example a living room group that controls 3 bulbs.

What used to / is supposed to happen: On a wallswitch click > if(light 1 = on) > switch off all lights in ‘living room’ > else switch on all lights in ‘living room’. So just a basic on/off really, not too fancy. The important part is that I use the groups defined in Hue. (not the < group > app or anything else).

What happens / the problem:

• The Aqara Wallswitch works
  • The Hue lights work from the Hue app, and Homey app.
  • Switching the living room group works, both from Homey and the Hue app
  • the if(light 1 = on) part fails

it looks like the groups (living room in the example) are no longer linked to individual lights in that group. If the lights are on, they will all switch off like intended. If the lights are off, nothing happens. Checking the individual bulbs, they are in Homey as being ‘on’. (and thus also in Homekit(ty) as being ‘on’.) While the group is off.

Is this a known issue? or am I just being an idiot and doing something wrong? It seems to have happened about a week ago. For now I have started switching the individual lights instead of the groups, but it’s weird that there are group available that I can’t use anymore since about a week. Any help is appreciated.

Same here. (I am using the Hue Bridge as controller). My ‘Friends of Hue’ wallswitches worked before, now the trigger cards do not initiate a flow. Restarting the Philips Hue app resolves the problem for some time.

I don’t now for how long this problem exists, because both switches are in rooms where I don’t need lights in summer season.

Problem started with the v6 app. Athom answered in an email that they do not support “Friends of Hue” hardware via the app. Although my Niko 4 button switch worked perfectly in v5 only button 1 and 2 work in v6. Athom recommended to remove the device from Hue and add it as a generic Zigbee device in Homey.

Hi! I see that the single blink, which is greatly missed, has been extensively discussed above. I have the same issue. I used to rely on it as a check to ensure that I had set my alarm via Homey. It’s reassuring to know that it worked and that Homey isn’t down. Nowadays, you get a mini disco, and after two blinks, you think: the message is clear.

I have a solution. I still need to test it extensively in practice, but it seems to work well in my initial tests. In the flow where you previously had the blink card, now set "Start [flow]:‘’. Create the following advanced flow. (See screenshot) When you start this, a blink will occur.

If the light is already on, it will turn off for 1 second and then turn back on. The blink is slightly slower than before, but it works.

And if the light is off, it will briefly turn on and then immediately turn off again.

It retains the color and intensity from the last time the light was on. If it was very dim, it might not be noticeable. Enjoy the blink :slight_smile:

Philips Hue devices in Homey often do not display the correct status. However, my Home Assistant, which runs parallel to Homey, always shows the correct status of the respective Hue device. Therefore, it is unlikely to be an issue with the Hue Bridge but rather with the Hue app in Homey.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong with my Homey?

Simon

Homey Pro or Homey Cloud?

I have a Homey Pro Early 2023 (v. 11.1.2) and I use the Hue App (v. 6.1.14) with the Hue bridge, connection via LAN.