[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

Something was getting in the way of communications, do you have all your smart devices set in your router/DHCP device with static/reserved IP addresses?

1 Like

Weird. Mine just magically started working a few hours after I posted. Maybe yours went where mine came from? The only thing I tried is to restart the Hue app. At the moment I did that, nothing changed, but when I looked a few hours later it suddenly started working. I canā€™t see whether my two sensors started at a different moment because they register so many events that the log was overflowing before I looked, but the temperature graphs seem to start at the same time.

1 Like

Same problems here, last movement was 3 days ago. I rebooted Hue bridge and Homey. Now its working again.

Hi,

Iā€™ve had the unpleasant joy of using Friends of Hue via Hue Hub, while all other lighting systems have been migrated to Homey. As many here know, this results in a slight delay from when you click a button on the switch, to when it reacts and does the job.

Some days (maybe weeks) ago, there was a sudden change where this no longer happened. Lights turned on exactly when you clicked the button on the switch. This change was very welcome, but I suspect the new Hue update end of april borked this functionality.

Now, none of my switches work, and iā€™m not sure where itā€™s stuttering. I havenā€™t done much troubleshooting on Homey, so I was wondering if anyone has figured something out or can tell me where I should be looking. Iā€™ve created a flow to just send me a notification when a button on a switch is clicked on, but nada.

1 Like

Thanks! Also tried restarting both hubs and after a short while the motion sensor started working again.

All my Hue motion sensor based flows are broken since motion sensors are reporting results from 4 days agoā€¦

I already tried:

• repairing the sensors in the app (for which I have to tap the button on the Hue bridge; so this is re-pairing?)
  • restarting the Hue (Homey) app
  • restarting the Hue bridge
  • restarting my Homey Pro (2016-2019)

But unfortunately still data from 4 days ago.

How can I fix this?

I think at this point contact Homey Support, it is an official app so they do provide support, and in my experience quickly

Update: as of this morning the sensors mysteriously work again in the Hue Homey appā€¦

(show current instead of stale data)

Does it take this long after all those actions to get back in a stable state?

Not normally. When I restart Homey, something I donā€™t do too often, I tend to allow about 30 minutes before having any expectations

Correct. Everything on the network has reserved adresses. Never had issues with HP2016, but since my upgrade to HP2033 I have all kinds of wierd errors and bugs.

Same here, the HUE App is hanging and after restart of the Hue app on homey, the app works again.

App is up to date 6.1.12

What happened with the short blink? It seems gone. Now my ā€œblink the light (short)ā€ card makes lights blink 15 times in stead of a few times. Or is there a new way of starting a short blink?

This has been discussed earlier in this same topic:

A few week ago I had to replace my HP 2019 with a HP 2023 and I just now found that somehow the Philips Hue wall module RDM001 is not working anymore in Homey.

I have the RDM001 setup to control two Hue lights via the Hue Bridge, this is still working fine.

I also had all the Hue device in Homey via the Hue-app from Athom (so not the ā€˜without bridgeā€™-app).

Homey Pro 2023 stil sees these devices, and when I delete the RDM001 in Homey and re-add it, it is found fine and added succesfully.

But, actions like the push of the button/switch are NOT registered/noticed by Homey anymoreā€¦? I feel like this is since the upgrade from HP19 to HP23ā€¦ but not sure.

Anything I can do to fix this? Any tips are welcome :slight_smile:

I have this issue also, outdoor sensors works fine for a week or two then just stops reporting, resetting the app solves it.

All other hue devices seem to be ok

I am using the Philips Hue controller together with Homey. In the last months the HEX color codes seems to have changed, when i use the SET color cardā€¦ Where in the past, the light was bright between orange and yellow, now it looks more green. The color in the App doesnā€™t match anymore.

I thought I read something about this in an update descriptions of the Hue App, but cannot find the information anymore. I found in this thread issues about the short-blink -which occurs here also- but I didnā€™t find anyone complaining about the changed colors.

Am I the only one having the color issue?

Did anyone have any progress/work arounds with this problem, which was introduced in the latest version of the Homey app or the API of Hue (or both)? Seems like a major regression for those of us who used short flashes for brief messages (and long ones for major stuff) in a wide-range of flows. Most of the flows using the old short flashes have quickly become annoying. Is there a decent workaround somewhat mimicing the old ā€œshort flashā€ without side effects like leaving a light that was turned off in an on state etc. (guess that will happen with e.g., repeated toggle on/off)? A solution based on checking current on/off status in a flow seems unfeasible due to the long withstanding polling delay issue between Homey and the Hue-bridge in the Hue app maintained by Athom (which also needs to be adressed).

Check out the Party Lights app. Works pretty good.

https://homey.app/en-us/app/nl.lrvdlinden.party-lights/Party-Lights/

Nice app, but doesnā€™t solve the one-time-blink problem for me :frowning:

Are you also bothered by the incorrect brightness of the Hue outdoor sensors in Homey?

Itā€™s dark outside now. Normally they now indicate 1 lx, but they donā€™t right now.

I allready restarted the app and also the Homey itself.