[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

I am having issues connecting my Hue Bridge to HomeKit as it says that the “Accessory is already connected”. Could this issue be that the bridge is connected to Homey?

I have the exact same issue. Just got my Pro and tøying to add Hue to Homey Pro and get the same issue as described. I did try to add by logging into the homey web app u-sving chrome but with the same result. I have 2 Hue bridges and a bunch of lights, sensors and dimmer switches. I have already tested the Beta for the Homey Bridge (without the bridge itself) and here I can add all of my lights on my main Hue bridge but the difference here is that I actuallly get to log on to my Hue account which I can not do with my Pro including «skipping» the push the Bridge button… What kind of browser did you use?

Fixed!
Re-connected my Pro to my Google mesh network and everything worked as it should

Is there a way to activate the “Last scene” in a room from similar to the configuration of Hue switches?
I would like to be able to activate the last scene from motion detection, instead of a specific scene.

Reauthenticate reconnect Hue bridge

Just for information.

I wanted to change the email address of my Hue account which is connected to my bridge. To change the email address you have to create a new account and switch over. Within Homey I received the message to reauthenticate and all lights, etc showed the red warning triangle. In the app however it is not possible to reconnect and I almost deleted the app. I managed to reconnect by adding a new light bulb which recovered all lights, etc and flows. Hopefully this will save some stress to have to set everything up again by deleting the app in Homey.

3 Likes

I have two Hue bridges and a lot of Hue devices connected to Homey including an outdoor motion sensor. It’s always been working flawlessly.

It’s been a long time since I added any new Hue device, but just bought an additional outdoor motion sensor. It is added to one of the bridges just fine, but I cannot add to/include in Homey?
Is this a general issue or something specific to me?

I am running the latest firmware and app.

1 Like

Hey @Bram I’m looking for the same future. Does the API allow access to such information or is it something exclusive to the Philips Hue app?

Not as far as I know, the nearest is to use ZoneMemory but it gets funny, or was last I tried it, when having to recall and send lots of commands to numerous devices.
I agree, it would be very useful

Hi all!

I have a question about the Hue wall switch module, so the one that you can connect to your already existing switches. I am running that together with the Hue Hub and a 6-bulb lamp connected in the original Hue App without problems, the bulbs turn on almost immediately when using the wall switch.

I tried to move this over to Homey, but I realize a big delay between using the wall switch and turning the bulbs on or off (up to 3 or 4 seconds). I read a lot about the polling that the app uses to read the current bulb state from the Hue hub, so I wonder if this also applies here? Will changes by the wall module also be identified in worst case with a delay of 5 seconds because the state is polled?

That would make it somehow useless from Homey, at least for direct switching a lamp in the same room :wink:

As far as I know, that’s exactly the problem, yes. The Hue bridge (the hardware) has realtime update features (because Home Assistant uses them), I’m not sure why the Homey app doesn’t use them.

Thanks, that was what I feared :frowning:
I will write to Athom about that, so they can add me to the list of people asking for improving this :wink:

1 Like

Also super annoyed by this. I have a couple of friends of Hue switches that I can only add to the Hue bridge. Assigning flows to the switches is possible, but they add huge time penalties. ~2-4 seconds. Now I need to replace all non-Hue stuff with Hue stuff that I want to use with the FoH switches. While it was exactly the reason I bought a Homey so I could mix things up.

1 Like

hello, the connection with the hue bridge does not work anymore. I deleted the application, reinstalled but nothing to do, the application does not ask me to synchronize the bridge, what to do? thank you

After installing the hue app:
Go to tab Devices > hit + (add device) > Select ‘Philips Hue’ > select a device type

If you use Homey beta/cloud/bridge:

Look for ‘Known issues’

I’ve done this several times and it doesn’t work.

Can’t connect to the hue bridge all of a sudden. No matter what I try, it won’t work anymore. Please fix this. It seems I’m not the only one having this issue since yesterday.

My hue issue post

3901d4ac-50ae-49b0-8da0-2dff8b68e5ee

2 Likes

Lost connection this morning to my Hue bridges… Rebooted Homey & the Bridges but still can’t connect or repair them. Homey does not see them, though they still function from the Hue app itself.

1 Like

Homey lost connection today to all my Hue Bridges today too… Rebooted Homey and the bridges but still cannot connect or repair them either. The Hue app works just fine with no issues. Only the Homey is giving problem as as a result, all the automations are broken.

Anyone has any ideas that can help?

3 Likes

Nothing works after 5.5.8 update. All lights have red triangle on them, and cannot be selected.

6 Likes

Connections problems back again… Same as last Friday.

2 Likes