[App][Obsolete]Sofar / Solarman

Yeah looks like the API is down since a week :frowning:
“appld insufficient allowance”

1 Like

Yes, I have emailed Solarman support but not heard back.
I can’t see how the app could help exceed the limits.

Damn! I start using your app few weeks ago and I find it extremely useful. I hope you can resolve

Hey Adrian
I have an Deye hybrid inverter, with a solarman w3 logger - i have created an solarman smart account with my inverter attached - how do I get my inverter into your app? when i search i get nothing…

At the moment there is an issue with my developer account where it says it has exceeded it’s limits. I have no idea why as the rate of calls and number of users shouldn’t be any nearer the limits.
I am waiting for Solarman support to get back to me.

2 Likes

I love this App and have been using it for several months now with success. Having the same issues indeed, while I can log in to my Trannergy page and see all the values and updates.
Hope you will get a response from Solarman. Thanks for your great efforts so far, Adrian!

I had a reply from Solarman this morning but it wasn’t very helpful as it basically just started everything I had put in the original email. Presumably they didn’t read the detail of the message and just sent a standard reply. So I have gone back to them with more questions.

2 Likes

I get this message when i log in

appld insufficient allowance

See above.

I have published a new version.
It seems that when the token expires (approximately after 2 months), the app will try to refresh it at a higher rate than expected. I am guessing this could have caused it to exceed the rate limit as more Homeys had to refresh the token. Also, once the rate limit had been exceeded, this would prevent the apps back off feature from working which then prolongs the rate limit error.

Once this version is installed, you will most likely see the device is unavailable and tells you to user the Repair option. This is available in the web app by right clicking on the device tile and selecting repair. In the mobile app it is found when opening the device tile.
With the mobile app, If the repair flashes up the Login Screen but then goes back to the repair button, then the rate limit is still occurring and will hopefully clear after around 2 hours. Then you should be able to login again.
In the web app an error message should be display informing you to wait.

Hopefully, once everyone has updated to this new version the error will eventually disappear.

I’m really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Adrian. And no need to apologise, you’re doing your best!
I tried to repair and indeed now need to wait for 2 hours. Will then try again and let you know.

1 Like

It looks like about a third of the installations have updated so far so might be a bit longer than the 2 hours.
Unfortunately, while there are older versions running they will just keep triggering the rate limit so it needs everyone that is using the cloud feature of the app to update.

1 Like

I have done as suggested by you. We will be waiting everyone updates.
Thank you for your precious work on this app

1 Like

Nearly half of the users have updated now. However, I don’t know the split between local only and cloud users. I see that some are still on older versions, so probably have auto-update switched off.
If it is still blocked once the majority have updated I will contact Solarman support again to see if they can do a temporary fix to get everyone going again.

2 Likes

Hope it will work out. Still not able to get it repaired. But I’ll be patient.

So, there appears to be an undocumented total API call limit per account on top of the rate limit. Solarman has added another 1000000 calls to my developer account, but I have gone back to them, as that will probably only last about 15 to 20 days given the current number of users. If I had known about this total limit before, I wouldn’t have published the app.

Anyway, now that it is working (for maybe a limited time), I found an issue with the new method of refreshing the token that I couldn’t test while the account was rate limited. So before you can successfully repair you will need to update to the latest release version (1.1.12).

I will keep you updated with news from Solarman.

Note: None of this affects the local connection to supported Sofar inverters.

1 Like

Adrian I have a dumb question.
In your last post you wrote “None of this affects the local connection to supported Sofar inverters.” and I didn’t get what you exactly mean.
I own a ZCS ( Italian brand for sofar inverters ) with ethernet cable and I’m handling several automations based on production, battery status, power to grid value ecc. What I’m looking for is few data and stability.
The basic question is: how do I know if I can got to “local connection” instead of cloud ? I didn’t find a way on the app.
Thank you for your reply and thank you for the app that is very useful

There is one cloud device called Solarman Station and the other are for Sofar local connection using a for of MODBUS protocol

1 Like

Somehow, it started working again for me today. So, good news!

1 Like

it’s working for me too

1 Like