[App][Obsolete]Sofar / Solarman

That’s nice

I think you make a lot of peaople happy with a solid inverter when you are be able to add it

Maybe you can witte something with this code ?

This is for toon but maybe you can use it ? It’s solis cloud api

Did you find already something or maybe you can use the code?

That code is for an internet based API. To implement that would really need to be a different app as it is completely different to this one.

1 Like

@Adrian_Rockall Hmm do you think there is a chance you can get it work with your app then ?

I think there are more users happy with some kind of implementation

Found some more info on GitHub

But again it’s using the cloud API, so requires a different app.

Okay I understand

Can you make some kind of app then ?

As I don’t have a compatible inverter I have no way to test it. If you are happy to share your account details with me (not here) so I can test with yours then I will take a look. I don’t know how long it will take as I a lot going on at the moment.

Hmmm it’s okay when you having time for it

Hi Adrian,

I’m currently looking into installing a ME3000SP Mass Energy Inverter with 2 GTX5000 batteries. However I would like to know whether the current app supports dynamic energy pricing (Power by the Hour app) whereby I can get Homey to charge/discharge the battery based on the current energy prices. The Sessy app supports ‘then’ cards, how about your app?

The use case is as follows;
IF: (Power by the Hour app) energy pricing is below €0,05ct
THEN: (Sofar App) charge battery in FAST mode

Other use case:
IF: (Sofar App) battery level is below 3000wh or 60%
AND: (Power by the Hour app) energy pricing is below €0,15ct
THEN: (Sofar App) Charge battery to 80% with charging mode FAST

Tnx in advance!

Unfortunately the app can’t control the inverter, so it’s a non-starter for your use case.
I would love to do a similar thing but as far as I know my inverter doesn’t support it, or at least there is no API that I have seen.

@Adrian_Rockall what is this message ?

It means the app has called one of the API functions to many times. Could you open the app settings page and select the Diagnostics Log tab and then tap on Send Log.

Hmm, I have just checked and I get the same issue. Either the app has become too popular and is calling the API too frequently or Sofar have an issue.

1 Like

Hmm okay it’s since two days I think

I have emailed support to find out what is happening.
The API has a rate limit of 300 calls per 10 seconds per developer account. The app only calls the API once every 15 minutes for live readings and once an hour for history, so given the number of users it should be no where near the limits.
It also seems that the limit doesn’t clear once exceeded.

2 Likes

Any updates ?

No reply from Solarman support yet.

Sad