[APP] idinio

This app makes Homey support idinio Z-wave and Zigbee devices!

Live version (firmware 4x): Live
Test version (firmware 5x): Test

Supported devices in current version of the app:

• Zigbee Rotary Dimmer Switch

• Zigbee Module Dimmer Switch

• Zigbee Cord Dimmer Switch

• Zigbee Foot Dimmer Switch

• Z-wave Rotary Dimmer Switch, with metering

• Z-wave Module Dimmer Switch, with metering

• Z-wave Cord Dimmer Switch, with metering

• Z-wave Foot Dimmer Switch, with metering

4 Likes

@johan_bendz i have bough Zigbee Rotary Dimmer Switches, but the app canā€™t find the dimmers.
If i use an app from an other brand, the they will connect, but as unknown device.

Is there a solution, or is it that iā€™m missing somthing?

Hi @Rens, can you please post what data you get from the device when it is added as a generic device?
(device settings on the device)
When trying to add the device using the idino app, are you asked to enter a code?

1 Like

Hi Johan,
When connecting no question for a password.
It just keep searching when using the Idinio app.
This is info of the device when added as an universal device:

Thanks, I found what the issue is and will fix it asap.

1 Like

Thanks for the support!!

Hi @johan_bendz, I have two Z-wave Foot dimmers. On both I regularly experience the connection between Homey and the dimmers are lost. Could it be app related as it happens to both devices?

An observation from when I added the devices, a code is requested. I havenā€™t found a code on the device or box. So I just entered all zeroā€™s. The device is added and works for some time.

After a while (hours or 2-3 days max), the device doesnā€™t respond to Homey and returns a timeout. A PtP on the Idinioā€™s makes them responding again (for a while).

What Iā€™ve tried so far (without luck):

• moved the devices further and closer to Homey
  • re-included the devices
  • a PtP on Homey

I havenā€™t found a pattern yet.
I do see the received and transmit data is very large compared to other Z-wave devices I have. Also the Tx-errors is 31% for the one that is reachable. One device I reset last night, is now again unreachable and is showing 86% Tx errors.

• Node 48 was removed and re-included last night
  • I would expect the nodes to have a direct route as both are in line-of-sight and approximately 2-3m from Homey

Is this something that could be app related? Is it something you could help troubleshout?
In parallel Iā€™m sending an email to Idinio. It still may be hardware.

Hi @molensky, thanks for the information. I was not aware of this issue, will have a look at it.
Can you please send a crash report from the app after restarting Homey or the app and then using the units a few times.

1 Like

Hi again @molensky.
From what I can see in the log itā€™s not an app issue, rather an communication issue.

i canā€™t see why this happens, it could be that the devices have lost ā€œconnectionā€ to Homey (did Homey receive an firmware update?). If so you might need to pair the device again.

Iā€™m sorry for the trouble but if you are able to re-pair one unit we would get a better understanding of the problem.

Hello @johan_bendz, Is there any change the app will be available for the normal Homey too? I have a few Idinio Z-Wave dimmers I would like to use.

Hi there. Support for Homey using the Bridge to connect to idinio devices is under development. Canā€™t promise a release date but Iā€™m working on it :slight_smile:

Cool! Is the bridge the same as the Homey 2019 ? If you need any help with testing the app I would be happy to do that :slight_smile:

No, the Bridge is a new device with limited functionality compared to Homey 20xx/Homey Pro.

Thanks for the interest in testing, I will make some noise when I have a test version available. :slight_smile:

Hi Johan,

When you change the 0 by ā€˜Setting the delay time when load is turned offā€™ then you canā€™t get it back to 0. The minimum input is 1 but the real minimum input is 0. And I hate the delay.

You can get it back with raw inputs but it wonā€™t change in de app. Only with a hard reset itā€™s back to 0.

Do you get it? :wink:

Iā€™m using the idinio z-wave modules. See image.

Thanks!

Hi Johan,

I just started using my homey Pro and i bought multiple idinio z wave cord dimmers however one of the refuses to complete the exclusion step in the homey app. I already had the idinio cord dimmer replaced but it still does not want to conplete the exclusion step. The dimmer does blick purple but the homey does not find it. I already send a diagnostics report to athom but they responded i had to contact you.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards, Bas

@johan_bendz

How are you? Do you have an update about my question?

Thanks!

Hi @MichiMess.
Ooops, so sorry for the delay. This went off my radar :frowning:

Try this version, if it works Iā€™ll publish it to Live.

// Johan

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll try.:+1:t2:

Hi @johan_bendz,

It works perfectly!

Thank you!

B.t.w. can you also look to this question?

https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-tuya-zigbee-app/26439/3403?u=michimess

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Good to hear it works. Iā€™ll push it to live version.

Iā€™ll handle the Tuya question in that thread. :slight_smile: