[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

I had the same problem setting up my fibaro dimmers some year ago. This thread

https://community.homey.app/t/fibaro-dimmer-2-dimming/50737

resolved my problem.

Regards
Niclas

Hi All,

Been searching for a solution for my problem but cannot find it on any topics yet.
I have several fibaro roller shutters 2 en 3.
At the front off my house there are the two RS3’s. One off them have been given troubles for some time and today the second one was unreacheable. The RS2 don’t have any issue’s. When i re-install the RS3 it give me a hard time connecting it. Are there any known issue’s with the RS3 with the connection?

I am on homey early 2023 and the issue with one off those RS3 was already at homey 2023.

I got some issues recently with RS3 as well, fro example after I have removed working RS3 I was unable to add it back while on another controller it did work immediately. Nothing help, did PTP, checked routing paths on ZWave dev interfaces, unplugged all remaining ZWave from electricity, did update to most recent Honey firmware…
I was able to get RS3 back after Athom reflashed ZWave chip which is kind of risky operations.

If you tried the steps I have described above and still didn’t work for you, can you please contact Athom support, providing them both System diag ID and also Fibaro app logs ? Mention them that there was another user with this problem as well and let us know, what will be the reply.

Have you checked if the RS3 can be reached via Developer Tools → Z-Wave → Test?
Have you dismounted the RS3 and checked whether the LED flashes dark blue?

According the dark blue flashing LED, please read this post: Fibaro Walli Switches suddenly blinking dark blue

I have removed them from homey and bought 2 FGR 222 Roller shutters 2 modules .
Installed them and they worked however i gave me somewhat trouble to include them.
After pulling the plug of homey for 30 min. it worked flawless. Still think that zwave is slow.
Much slower than the 2019 version.

So for the moment my problem is solved. Lets see if i can sell the roller shutters 3

frans

1 Like

I am using Homey Pro 2023 and Fibaro app v3.7.17 and am using Fibaro Dimmers FGD-211 v2.2 (the original dimmer not the Dimmer 2). There appears to be a bug when I try to use the Raw Configuration Parameter functionality.

Background is that I need to adjust Z-Wave Parameter 20 (which according to the manual (version FGD-211-EN-A-v1.03) allows the “Impulse Length” to be changed). I found using my old Z-Wave controller that I need to set this parameter to a value of 141 in order for my LED lights to be fully dimmable to a very low setting. I want to set the same value using my new Homey Pro

Note that the Fibaro manual specifies that Parameter 20 can be set between 101 and 170, so it is clearly a 1 byte parameter.

In any case, I am using the “Z-Wave Raw Configuration Parameters” field in the Advanced Setting of my Dimmer and everything is working fine if I set values between 101 and 127. For example entering “20,1,127” works perfectly.

However, if I try to set a value above 127, for example 128, when I hit SAVE I get an error message saying “The value of “values” is out of range. It must be >= -128 and <= 127. Received 128”

If I try to enter any value from “20,1,-128” to “20,1,-1” when I hit DONE “Invalid Value Provided for this Setting”

It appears to me that the checks done when I hit SAVE and when I hit DONE (before that) are inconsistent. Parameter 20 is a 1 byte parameter and so, if we work in hexadecimal for clarity, it can have values between 0x00 and 0xff. The DONE check is treating values of 0x80 and 0xff as unsigned integers, hence decimal 128 to 255. However the SAVE check is expecting 0x80 to 0xff to have been expressed as two compliment signed integer i.e. -128 to -1 respectively.

Does this look like a possible bug in the App … or am I doing something stupid ??

It could indeed be a bug in the app. Please contact the app developer Athom: Support | Homey

Thanks DirkG - I will contact support

In case it helps anyone else, I was actually able to program my dimmer by using the Flow card “Send raw command” under Z-Wave. The parameters for me were : 0x70, 0x04, 0x14, 0x01, 0x8D.

The 0x70 and 0x04 must be the instruction to set the parameter. 0x14 (20 decimal) is the parameter number, 0x01 (decimal 1) is the parameter size and 0x8D (decimal 141) is the value I wanted to program.

2 Likes

Dear Peter,
Thanks for your response. That also does not provide the much-awaited solution unfortunately.

Hello,

From my Fibaro Home Center 2 I am currently controlling 16 24V DC water irrigation valves with 4 RGBW controllers. I use each output (R, G, B and W) to control one valve thanks to the configuration of each output as a Toggle switch.

I am migrating my system to homey but I can´t find a suitable solution for this aspect because the Homey RGBW controller app is only suitrable for managing 4 channel led strips and I can only control “colors”, not individual “volts outputs”.

Has anyone found a solution applicable to a situation similar to this?

Thanks and regards,

Jaime.

If you set the color to red, the RGB outputs will be on, off, off.
So the question is to define the right color.
Cannot you use it in that way?

Yes. It can be used like that but it is not very “user friendly”. I would bees to have separate “devices” for each color so they can be managed as separate valves to open or close. Otherwise it is not very useful.

I need a device to monitor 4 inputs and control 3 outputs (all 24V).
The Fibaro RGBW-2 seems perfect.

But I don’t want to map the inputs to the outputs, i.e. In2 should not change Out2, I want to control all outputs from the homey, and read all inputs in the Homey through flows.

Any solution ?

Your problem looks simulated to Seperate the input from output - Fibaro Smart Implant
So maybe your solution is using raw commands.

I connected a Fibaro Z-WAVE+ smart socket to my homey pro 2023.
It works within a range of approxiamately 10 meter, but from then the connection with the smart socket failes.
Apperently when I try to connect the socket in my garden shed ( +/- 40 m from homey pro location) is not reachable.
I read Z-WAVE+ has a range of 100 meter and more.
What did I do wrong?

Hi There,

Anyone tried to disable power reports in FGR223 (Roller Shutter 3)?

I want to do this, to decrease the load on the zwave network. (HP early 2023) I have 41 units, and when it’s needed to open or close all, the whole network slows down, sometimes some command drops. During a complete down or up movement, a single module reports power values at least four times, causes 4x41 messages on the network unneccessary.

I tried to send raw parameter settings but all keep reporting. I added this under config menu:

61,2,0;60,1,0;62,2,0;65,2,0;66,2,0;

Is there any mistake I can’t see at my side, or it’s a bug in the modules?

Additional info:

Castle? :european_castle: Sorry, can’t resist :grinning: Impressive number - did you ever face blue pulse of death ? [APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom) - #861 by Sharkys
The reason I’m asking, I have only 9 units, had to replace about 6 of them already.

Hm, energy reports should not be really an issue (in terms of "bandwidth), what do you see on Homey Developer Tools, ideally right after Homey restart and manipulating all shutters ? Maybe some of the unit is flooding the ZWAVE mesh… compare the RX values, they should be almost the same, mainly if they are operated same time. I know however from other users, they complain about responsiveness of their ZWAVE as well. You might be interested also about [HOW-TO][Pro][Cloud] - Z-Wave Route map - understanding your mesh routing may discover potentially weak spot (eg. one unit being used in all routing, because of Homey or any other router being too far away)

Btw, even manual confirms my thought - Power report are sent no often then every 30 seconds.
https://manuals.fibaro.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/FGR-223-EN-T-v1.2.pdf - page 29

Side note - I’m using energy measurement to check if any of the blinds are stuck because of whatever reason / eg. too high consumption then usual (in my case about 90W) → reporting issue (unfortunately there is no STOP option).

That setting works for me (for opposite effect, enabling periodic reports, report device power usage etc.), the structure is correct, maybe I would try to apply only part of it - eg. 61,2,0
Also I have completely the same firmware versions on my FGR-223 like you. How your insights look like for particular device, when you are operating unit ? For me sometimes it’s so short I see even no value reported at all…

1 Like

Hi
How do I activate the double click feature on my fibaro roller shutter 2
In hc2 I used to double click to set all 4 rollers to 33%

Don’t use an RS2, but in general Scene Activation must be activated resp. configured in the advanced settings of the RS2 (Long tap on the device tile → :gear: → Advanced Settings). The parameters can be found in the RS2 manual:

(Source)

Hello,

I have configured the Fibaro Smart Module FGS-214 output Q (Q1) as a switch, and it works well. However, I would like to use the input S1 as a measurement input to detect whether there is a 230V input available. So I want to use the input S1 and the output Q separately. I have tried to set this up through the standard setup menu, but it doesn’t seem possible.
Is there a way to modify the device settings using Z-WAVE commands?

PS: I have installed this Fibaro device on my Homey Pro (Early 2023) with version 11.0.0. The Fibaro App version is 3.7.17. I have set up the Z-WAVE authentication in a secure mode.