[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

How is the reed contact connected to the inputs?
Looking at the diagram, it should switch them to GND

Screenshot from 2023-09-15 04-01-07

Hi Peter,

I’ve wired a button for testing instead of the reed. This is connected from GND to IN1. I see it switching in HC2 when i include the device there, but nothing when included on Homey. So the RGBW must be ok I guess.

Another RGBW used for the Bed light is working fine, but also shows ‘last value unknown’ on its Inputs. There must be a setting that I’m missing.
In HC2 I have set the mode to Inputs, not sure how this is done in Homey. I tried all LED strip types incl. other, but no luck so far.

UPDATE:
Ive updated the FW on the Dimmer and am now able to see reports at least in the Developer Tools.

However, there is still no indication of the swiching on the device no matter what the settings are (last value unknown never changed:

My settings are:

A simple scene wont trigger (also tried with input configured to analog)

Have you compared the parameters between HC2 and Homey?
In Developer Tools → Devices you can check all parameters from the RGBW device in Homey.
If there are parameters missing in the advanced device settings (screenshot above) that might need to be changed, then it’s possible to change them via Z-Wave RAW command.

1 Like

I also wonder why the “input threshold” is set to 10. Have you tried setting it to 0?
What does the tooltip (i) say here?

Yes, I tried different values (lowest is 0.1) no change in behaviour.

Thanks for the hint, I’ve checked the device and still cant see the inputs changing. ON/OFF state does show up correctly. Will check all parameters and compare.

So, I did readout all parameters with Fibaro and tried to check if they are same in Homey, also added missing ones via RAW command zw_configuration_value
“14, 4, 39321; 1, 2,255; 15, 1, 1;30, 1, 0;38, 1, 10;39,2,600;49, 1, 1;71, 1, 1;73, 1, 0”

I come to the conclusion that the Homey Fibaro device must be the issue because I can clearly see that the signals appear on the Z-Wave network:

as well create Rx counts (475 from my button presses) on Z-wave device id 60 (after re-pairing):

However there is no data written in the measure_voltage.input 1:

hence I guess also not showing anything on the devices IN1.

Nothing more I can do on my side. Propably will use a relay switch with 24VAC to do the trick.

Thanks for all inputs - I learned again a lot!

2 Likes

I didn’t look into the results in any detail, but I think you did a great job. So for this reason I would share the knowledge with Athom so that they have a chance to fix it.

What about the Fibaro Smart Implant? I think that is exactly the right device for this purpose.

Dear all, need your urgent help.
I am on homey pro. updated this morning to version 10.0.6.
Up until this morning before the Fibaro app updated, my zwave network and all my fibaro devices were working seamlessly.
Please note that my zwave network is only made of Fibaro Walli switches and Fibaro walli roller shutters and the entire the zwave network is made of Fibaro devices.
Immediately after the Fibaro app update my Fibaro devices stopped responding to Homey.
If i check the developer tools all the nodes of my zwave network are reachable when i try to test them. However, if i give a command for a Zwave device via homey i always receive the message about the timeout 30000ms…
I have already restarted homey, I have run a PTP for 30 seconds and restarted the Fibaro app several times.

Other non fibaro devices and non zwave (such as philips Hue, Sonos, etc) are working seamlessly.

Anyone experiencing the same or would have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

@Peter_Kawa
@Dennis

My suggestions are:

1. Perform PTP with at least 15 minutes
  2. Power off all Fibaro actuators for at least 5 minutes (fuse off) and then switch them on again one by one while Homey is running.
  3. Contact Athom

Thanks @DirkG i will try that…option 2 is a little bit more challenging but i will eventually try that too.
Just as an update, one minute ago, all my fibaro devices have been performing all at once all the actions that i queued when i was trying to have them working…really strange behavior…
I have also already contacted Athom but with their 2/3 weeks response time i was looking for a faster solution :slight_smile:
Thanks i will keep everybody updated.

1. Turn off all auto updates.
    Then you can decide for yourself if and when you want to install an update.
    In theory it shouldn’t be necessary to turn it off, but I’ve read about too many issues which occurred after an update.

Maybe related to this? Homey pro 2023 - zwave too much traffic error? - #490 by Jo_San

After FW update v10.0.6? Then the problem “Too much traffic” would probably have occurred before with other firmware versions.
Gianmarco writes that the problem occurred after updating the Fibaro app. But as both updates seem to have been performed shortly after each other, it is probably difficult to say clearly whether it’s the firmware or the app that is causing the problems.
But what actually speaks against the app is the info from the changelog:

Version 3.7.4 — Added product ID to Flood Sensor.

If this is really the only change, then it can’t really cause a problem with other Fibaro devices.

Edit

Any news @GianmarcoCicuzza?
Because no other users have reported problems after the app update, I have also just updated the app (Homey FW 10.0.7-rc.1). I don’t notice any problems, not even with the Walli devices (Switch/DoubleSwitch, Dimmer, Roller Shutter, Outlet).

I have had a problem with a Fibaro Single Switch 2 for a long time.
It turns on by itself sometimes. It happens with days or weeks between the occasions. I then have to turn off the device manually in the app.

The event list shows when a flow turns the device on or off. Manual on/off is also shown in the Event list.
But what does it mean when it says “Turned on a day ago by Fibaro”? What triggers the device then? What is meant by “Fibaro”? Is it the device itself or is it the Fibaro app? There is no physical switch connected to the device.

(I have restarted the Fibaro App, restarted Homey, PTP, excluded the device and included it again -
without success.)

You can check who/what operated the device with this Device Capabilities card:

• Alternative:

Many thanks Peter!
I haven’t discovered the ‘Device capabilities’ app!
I have now installed it and created a flow according to your suggestion to see if it can give me any clue the next time it happens. However, it may be a while before it happens again…

You don’t have a wild guess as to what “by Fibaro” might be?

1 Like

YW!
Yea DC It is a very versatile app with so many functions and possibilities.

From what I know:

• someone switched the device tile on/off
  • when it’s a dimmable device which is turned on/off by only setting the dim value, manually or by flows
  • someone operated the physical smart switch (= assumption, I don’t own smart wall switches)
  • when it’s directly associated with an other z-wave device and commanded from that other device (which might be your issue?)
1 Like

While I had a light in Home assistant with similar behaviour, and no info at all in the logs, I decided to remove it from HA, and add it as new device, with also a slightly different name. Problem “solved” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Maybe you can do the same with the Fibaro.

Your flows will break though; When you have many flows involved, you can use this neat script to auto-repair the flows:

I always use the “replace device name” version, which has not failed me once.
It’s important to save the ‘old’ device name up front, and name the ‘new’ device slightly different (you can always rename it to the ‘old’ name afterwards).

2 Likes

There is no physical switch attached to the device, so the device cannot be affected by anyone manually.
The device is a simple switch and not dimmable.
I have reset the device and included it again, to no avail.
So right now I’ll leave it alone, and we’ll see if I can get any clues with the help of Device capabilities and your flow suggestion.
Time to equip yourself with patience and get out the popcorn…
popcorn

1 Like

I had “by fibaro” logs when there was a problem with the load. Adding a bypass fixed that for me.
Fibaro shuts things off when the load gets too high or low.
But in your case it turns on, which would be strange if it was load related. Maybe there is an association with another device set up somehow?

1 Like