[APP] Fakro

Ah thanks! So you meant you added them according to page 7 (adding the ZRH to a Group)?
But how do you know which group it should be added to? Or you can choose this randomly?
(By the way: in the Homey app you did nothing to create this group with Fakro devices on beforehand?)

Are you referring to page 12 of that manual reference to adding the remote as a secondary controller. One of the steps seems to be :" Within 12 seconds run on primary remote control add device to network*". How did you do that?

After you select the right mode on the ZRH12 you can select the number you would like to put the product under (f.e. 1 for window and 2 for screen) and after you enter you have 12 seconds to press P on the product.

Page 12, after which they refer to adding to a group on page 6. No, you don’t hav eto know anything else. See my answer above. Chose the number and enter.

I didn’t change anything in Homey after adding the products.

Sorry, I’m still confused. Are you saying you added the devices that you are controlling to homey first, then added them to the remote and now the devices are controlled either by homey or by the remote?

I thought when P is pressed on the devices it first removes them from any existing network and then adds to the network that is now listening for new devices. In my case once I press the P button on Fakro devices it adds them to the new z-wave controller, but they are no longer operable with any previous controller.

Correct.

Are you using the ZRH12? That one can be used as a secundary remote.

I have ZWP10 remotes that come with the windows and ZWG3 wall switch. These can normally be set as secondary controllers, by other Fakro remotes that are primary controllers. (It also used to be supported by Fibaro Homecenter). To set as a secondary controller, you have to press a button on the primary controller, like it says in the manual screen shot I posted above.

From the manual for ZRH12 it seems you must also press a button on the primary controller to register/include it as a secondary controller.

However, you said above that you didn’t (“all I did was adding the products to Homey, and then use the ZWS12 [did you mean ZRH12 ?] to add them to a group. I didn’t have to press anything on Homey”). That’s why I’m confused: I don’t know how you made your remote a secondary controller without having a primary controller send a signal of some sort.

The ZRH12 is not a secondary remote of Homey. It’s a secondary remote for the products. Homey doesn’t know the remote is there. Don’t ask me how it technically works but without touching Homey the ZRH12 functions as normal to control all Fakro products, also when Homey is controlling them. all I had to do was following page 12 and 6 of the manual.

Martijn,

If you put Homey on a powerbank, you can walk through your house and keep your network.
That would safe you a lot of time per room!

Sure, but I’d still need two ‘blackouts’. Saves me one. :slight_smile: But thanks for the tip!

And if we still are making a list of unrecognized devices.
You can add my 2018 ARZ rollershutters.

Hallo,
I ve tried this with a ZWP 8s and it was not possible to control the shutter with the ZWP as seconday Controller.

bg

Hey Martijn or others,
Today i tried to add the ZRH12 as a secondary remote by installing it in Homey. I followed the Learn procedure as can be seen in the screenshots and got the 2 green 'vinkjes". After that, when it tries to install the remote, it ends up with an error message. It does that repeatedly. Homey and the ZRH12 are close to each other, about 1 meter.
Anyone got a clue how to do this properly?

You can’t install the ZRH12 in Homey. You can only connect it as a secondary remote to the products. See my posts above.

So just to (re)confirm this: after adding a Fakro device to Homey, you can add the same device to the ZRH12 by following the below instruction of 4 steps (without loosing connection between the device and Homey)?

Or is it by the below instructions from page 12 of the Fakro manual ? And if so: how do you activate (within 12 seconds) the function ‘Add device to network’ on the Homey (which is the primary remote, after all).

As said above. Start with page 12 in the manual, which leads you to page 6. NEVER use Homey to connect the ZRH12. You don’t need to press anything on Homey. You just need to press the P on the product within 12 seconds.

I just tried and added the remote to Homey, it doesn’t matter.
Everything keeps working even if you delete the remote from Homey afterwards.

Having tried to add a window with results here, I’m having now having difficulty removing it. After trying to remove it (pressing the programming button) It’s gone from Homey’s interface, but it seems Homey hasn’t released it.

The Network Status LED is not lighting up, and therefore cannot be added back to the remote control, so I am without a functioning window.

I’ve been in touch with Fakro UK support, but they said they have no knowledge of the app.

@JonE , since the developer seems to ignore other people but apparently you’re in touch, would you mind contacting to see if he/she knows how to fix this situation?

You have to release it from it’s own network, with the fakro remote (reset).
Otherwise you can’t include it in Homey again.