[APP] Fakro

I tried adding a window using the window opener now labelled “Electric Skylight” in the app v2.4.0.

When it added, the app it declared it ARZ instead, with this under advanced settings:

There two control options in app:

• a full and closed window blind slider: when I slide towards open the window opens. If attempt to stop it half way by setting the slider half way, it continues opening until fully open. I can only close it when fully open, by sliding the other way

• a set of 3 buttons (up, down and stop, like the physical remote control except the stop button on the control is square, whereas the app version all the buttons are round): Pressing up starts opening the window. Pressing stop, doesn’t stop it continuing to open. Sometimes tapping down stops it, after 1 tap. Other times it doesn’t. Same for operations in reverse: sometimes a single tap on Up stops the window closing, sometimes it starts opening it again.

The opening and closing is slower than the normal speed. I tried changing the setting in the app for motor speed from 2 to 3 or 4 as it indicates these are available, but it produced this error:

So it is misidentified and doesn’t work properly, but maybe instead of using the app controls, I can use flows to operate. The actions I can see in available in the flows are

• when the state has change (Up, Down or Idle) - I’m not sure of Up means fully up/open or moving in that direction.

• position changed: this appears to be a percentage open or closed

It seems I can get a flow to open or close it but not to stop it anywhere in between (It does not seem to respond in time).

Finally, I tried to follow @Martijn_C 's suggestion here in this thread to use the existing remote as a second controller. However the instructions for adding as a secondary controller refer to first pressing the include button on another [Fakro] primary controller. So I tried using Homey to adding a generic z-wave device, and then using the include button on the Fakro remote, which produced only this:

So, @JonE if the developer seems to respond only to you, I would appreciate his/her attention to these issues, so maybe one day he/she will make it work properly with chain controllers with windows that have it pre-installed, such as FTP-V Z-Wave Window, FTU-V Z-Wave Window, and make the app work with the ZWP10 remotes that come with these windows (and Fakro wall remotes, like ZWG3 wall switch).