[APP] Dashboard controller

Hi,
Great app. Is just one thing, on top on this page it says
•When a device is playing music from Spotify, launch the Spotify app so that I can control the music.

How can I do that? I want my dashboard to be the “standard” on my tablet, if I tell my speaker or start Spotify from my phone. I want to se my playlists in Spotify on the tablet and I can control Spotify from there.

When I stop Spotify i want it to go back to my dashboard. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Entering “Spotify” in the browser or forum Search bar helps.
But, while I was there alr, it’s this post here that might be interesting

Thanks, works great.

1 Like

@rkokkelk

Just wanted to say thanks for a great app - well done, keep up the good work!

1 Like

@rkokkelk

Would it possible to have something like “Dashboard loaded” as a trigger (WHEN card)?

I use the Universal launcher in Fully Kiosk, and inside that two apps. When the screen wakes up upon motion, I want the latest opened app (usually the Homey app) to be shown, but for some reason, sometimes the Universal launcher is shown instead.

With a WHEN card like “Dashboard loaded”, I could force Homey to load instead.

Thanks,

I have Fully Browser installed on the tablet, and theoretically everything works. The flow I have created dims and turns off the screen at night so that it does not glow in the dark. However, when I wanted to create a flow, after enabling it, it will open a page with a link, it does not work. Homey says that the device is not available. What could be the reason?
But what is interesting in homey shows in flow that there is a problem and in fact flow works.
Opera Zrzut ekranu_2023-01-11_160150_my.homey.app

I understand from your issue:
It does not work, but the flow works - at the same time.
What exactly does NOT work?

In general:
I’m thinking the tablet’s Energy Saving setting is to high, and the Wifi radio gets turned off after a while…
Did you reserve an IP address at your DHCP server for the tablet?

1 Like

@rkokkelk

This started recently. Galaxy Tab A8. No other problems. Tablet and Fully Kiosk and Homey app restarted numerous of times. Thanks.

Invalid image buffer is usually because Homey cannot properly read an image from the API. Could you manually verify whether the link from the API results in a image via another browser. You can access the API with url: http://IP:PORT/cmd=getCamshot

So, what dashboard canyon show? How do you create a dashboard with the stuff you want as a webpage from Homey?

The dashboard itself must be designed by you. HomeyDash or HomeAssistant or any other webbased page.
But you can also show my.homey.app (The Homey WebApp).

Hello @rkokkelk,

First of all, congrats for the app.

Before I had Home Assistant with one automation to start charging the tablet under 20% and stop above 80%. And now it’s all in Homey.

My question is, do you think it will be possible to use FullyKiosk App instead of FullyKiosk Browser?

Just because I tried on both in the tablet as central home dashboard, and Homey app works better then the Browser url.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi! I can´t connect dashport controller from homey.
Permissionsand IP&port is right but still wont connect.

I can connect with browser so something wrong in homey/app?

fully

Did you read and understand the first sentence?

I didn’t enable pw protected remote administration at first, and spent quite some time before I realized that was the issue.

Yep. Remote control is enabled in fully.

make sure the “Remote admin for local network” setting is also on.

Yep.it’s on

I wonder, is the tablet reachable from Homey?
You can use the NetScan app for checking that. You should use the ‘port’ device, this can check an IP address with custom port number.

Example

What also popped up: Is the password very complex? Sometimes certain funny characters / symbols can’t be used.

1 Like

Yes! Thats it!
Tablet had changed it´s network and was in different network than homey! Thousand thanks!

1 Like

Nice to hear! And one thanx will do :kissing_closed_eyes:
Yeah I’ve learned with troubleshooting, the question “you sure it’s reachable?” is as important as “you sure it’s plugged in / used new battery?” :wink:
But at first I was “misled” by the Fully screenshot,

because it showed the same IP as you entered in the Dashboard app settings.

1 Like