[APP] Dashboard controller

Yeah the max number of apps depends on your Homey device (Pro, etc) how RAM heavy the apps are and how many devices are connected. If some other apps are also not working properly, you might lose some unused apps to increase the stability of your Homey.

If only the dashboard controller is not working properly it is properly related to the fixed bug. Then just wait for the publication of the next version which should resolve your issue.

1 Like

I also have fixed ip numbers. I am still on 0.1.4. I changed the poll setting to 60. Until now there are no connection problems. Good to know the next version will even be more stable. Thank you.

Thanks a million, Roy!
Cheers

Reinstalled app and device with 0.1.5. Everything is working fine now. Memory usage is down from 20 to 7. Now for more than a week no connection problems. :+1:

1 Like

Hello, this is a great app but I have a request to make :).

I noticed that the automatic luminisotity of my tablet was deactivated after a while, without touching anything.
Likewise, if I manually modify the limunisotity the automatic mode is also deactivated.

Itā€™s very restrictive for me, so would it be possible to add the deactivation of the brightness control in your app to avoid this problem?

1 Like

Thanks for the feature request, Iā€™ve created a Github issue for it. Once I got some spare time Iā€™ll look into it.

2 Likes

Great app, I found that with the admin url e.g 10.0.0.1:2323/ the last ā€˜/ā€˜ made it work for me.

Is it possible to disable the kiosk after displaying a snapshot from one of my cameraā€™s? The turn-of card does nothing.

The Turn Off card and the Switch On or Off card both switch my tablet to black screen.
So I think, on your tablet youā€™ll have to allow Fully to manage the screen / sleep or something similar.

Hi Peter

Thanks for this, I already have given permission but it does not work. Also I donā€™t want it to go black but to my default screen, I guess itā€™s missing functionality for how Iā€™d like to use it.

Thats weird. Maybe itā€™s still some lacking permission somewhere.
Itā€™s possible to start an app, so I got the idea to start the launcher ā€œappā€ to show the home screen, but this doesnā€™t work overhereā€¦
(even the calculator app wonā€™t start)

My thoughts:
If you want to return to the home screen,
install ā€œpackage name viewer 2.0ā€ from ggle store.
Here youā€™ll find the needed ā€œunderwaterā€ app name (the app ID) for what you want to do.
In my case, Launcher3 or SystemUI is my desktop/homescreen; itā€™s name is com.android.launcher3 / -.sytemui
Now, in a flow, pick THEN card ā€œstart applicationā€ and enter com.android.launcher3 (or com.android.systemui)

Did you enable ā€œremote administrationā€ incl a user/pw?

EDIT
Appearantly I tested exactly those 3 apps which donā€™t respond.
I just tested again with a few more apps, and they do open.
So it seems to be more of an Android issue, than an issue with the Dashboard Controller app I think.

Not showing:

• Calculator: com.android.calculator2 (No)
  • Calendar: com.android.calendar (No)
  • Show Desktop: com.android.launcher3 (No) Ć³r com.android.systemui (No)

Showing:

• Chromium: org.chromium.chrome (YES)
  • Camera: com.android.camera2 (YES)
  • Fotoo: com.bo.fotoo (YES)
  • Spotify: com.spotify.music (YES)
  • Gallery: com.android.gallery3d (YES)
  • Files: com.android.documentsui (YES)
  • Settings: com.android.settings (YES)

@rkokkelk
Hi Roy, trying to resolve a Q from Jomi, I discovered D.Controller doesnā€™t start any app on my tablet. All other things work fine though, all permissions are set.
Any thoughts?

Filed it as Issue @ github

Cheers, Peter

The default screen, as defined by your Fully browser configuration, can be shown again by using the Show dashboard action card.

So you could use your flow by showing an image on your dashboard and then delay the action card for showing your dashboard the time you would want to show your image.

com.sonos.arc2 not working either

Hi, I use fully browser on a Android tablet with a HomeAssistand Dashboard.
The most important benefits for me is the fixed manual zoom for the page. On high resolution tablets the default browser (edge, chrome, FF) donā€™t allow to zoom out. Fully browser allows to zoom out for more content on the display.

1 Like

Hi! Iam trying to show a video on mx player. How can I do this? The video is with a link on the local netwerk. I made a flow to start the applet, that works really fast.

Can someone help me? Thanks!

Iā€™m afraid this is not possible. These types of starting apps is done in Android via Intents. However, currently the Fully Browser API only supports starting an application and does not allow for given any commands for starting via Intent. Thus you can start the Android application but not start it with a specific file.

Due to Fully browser not supporting this API call I cannot implement it in the Homey App.

Hi.
Is there any solution to image size with dashboard controller / fully browser?
If my tablet is in landscape mode, the image sent to the tablet is fullscreen.
If my tablet is in portrait mode, the image size gets static aspect ratio, and uses the height. So the image is fullscreen height, but you can only see 30% of the width.

Seems like this one with height 100% is the problem :thinking:

Hi, I donā€™t know if itā€™s an android problem or this app. When I put in flow start appliacation com.netatmo.netatmo everything works, but I just canā€™t use flow to go back to the dashboard. I tried show dashboard but nothing happens. Has anyone solved this?