[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.81, test v4.0.84)

If you mean Velux outside shutter, I don’t have any and therefore don’t know.
If you mean Velux inside blinds, there is no such WHEN-card.
These possible WHEN-cards are on my Velux windows;
bild
And these possible WHEN-cards are on my blinds;
bild

Ah you don’t have outside shutters, but inside. I understand. And your windows: Do they have a rain sensor?

Yes, all my motorized windows have a rain sensor. I think it is standard on Velux motorized windows.

If the feature is available with the device, then I think it will use the “The lock state changed” card as when the rain sensor is triggered it blocks the device from opening.

The tag from that card should be the text of the lockstate reason, which could be something like “rain”, “wind”, etc.

1 Like

that sounds great!

@Krisstenswe Can you confirm that? “The lock state changed” does it come with a tag that shows you what happened / what’s the current status?

I also thought the rain sensor would affect lock state, but none of my windows have ever (in over 2 years) triggered lock state according to the device lock state in the app. And I know it has rained since then, including yesterday… Is there any log I can see if the lock state is activated when the rain closes the window?

If you go to the app settings page, select the Event log tab and enable the log, I think it should appear in there.

1 Like

OK thanks. I have now enabled the Event log. I have also created a flow that notifies me as soon as the Lock State has changed. Now I’m just waiting for the next rain…

1 Like

It has been raining and hailing since yesterday - BUT nothing in the Event log and nothing from my flow that the Lock state has changed. Nor has any Lock state on the “gauge” tab been changed.

When it rains, the windows are blocked by the rain sensor and cannot be opened. If any window is open, it will be closed.
Now in the morning when the sun is shining and the rain sensors are dry again, the windows can be opened again.

So I simply believe that the rain sensor on a Velux window is directly connected and does not affect via Lock state?

Is there anyone else on the forum who has Velux windows and can verify or deny?

I remember going through this with one user to get it working. It was a while ago, but he was spray the windows with a hose pipe to simulate rain. It’s possible that a change such as local connections have broken it.
The Information log might show something that the event log is not picking up, so you could enable that to see if it captures anything.

1 Like

I have a flow that tells me if (one of) my devices are in lock state. That has worked, although I believe the token only says Lock state and not Rain. Also, on the device itself, it says that Lock state has not changed in two years.
I have now setup a new flow with all 5 of my devices that support lock state (although only two have rain sensors). Will report any findings back, probably at next rain.
Tell me if I can do anything else.

2 Likes

Could you enable and send me the information log from the app settings page when you think the lock state changes.
Unfortunately none of my devices support the lock state, so I can’t test it directly.

1 Like

I will enable and send you the information log from the app settings page next time it rains.

1 Like

Edit: i did cut the power of my internet this morning to reset something else. I just noticed my Connexxoon box had a red light. Reset that, its now green, but still no update on the lux on the sun sensor unfortunately, but that power cut was the moment it stopped sending updates.

@Adrian_Rockall
This morning at 9:30 my Sunis Somfy sun sensor suddenly stopped updating the lux value. It hasnt updated since, so my lights arent turning on in the evening now.

I have tried restarting the Somfy TaHoma app multiple times, repairing, rebooting Homey, updating Homey, put new batteries in the sensor (which werent empty) but nothing works.

What is Strange is that my temperature sensor (also Somfy, using same TaHoma app) hadnt updated since 7 am, but because of one of the actions above is now updating again, but not the solar sensor.

Also, when I restart the Somfy TaHoma app in Homey on my phone, the Homey app seems to crash as well. It closes and my phone goes back to my home screen.

Any idea what else I can try? I’m running latest version (4.0.69).

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Diagnostics report:
b048fb8c-d903-41ed-b675-092a640981fd

I have replied to the Diagnostics report.
As for the Homey app restarting, I have seen the same with other apps, so I think that’s a Homey issue.

1 Like

Update in case someone encounters this in the future. Homey wasnt receiving updates from the Somfy sun sensor through the Connexxoon box after a power cut (a deliberate one). After 8 hours of downtown I noticed the light on the Connexxoon was red. Reset the Connexxoon, light turned green. Then it took about 1,5 hours for Homey to receive lux updates from the sensor again.

Thanks Adrian for the help and going through the logs!!

Reporting back that both my windows trigger lock state in Homey, when it is raining. The Lock state label (expected to say Rain or similar) is however empty.

@Adrian_Rockall Just sent you a log with ID: 472962270.

It does not find the Zip screens. All my devices are zip screens.

Since zip screens are not listed in the available options to add, maybe I should select something else.

It says no new devices found.

These are the items I can find in your log:
“Awning / Pergola (io)”,
“Exterior blind (io)”

Hope that helps.

Perfect! It found them on Awning / Pergola (io). Maybe add/change name in your app?