[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.81, test v4.0.84)

Hello @Adrian_Rockall I’m using this app since so long I just can’t remember exactly, I noticed some stability issues lately, but this thread is over 1800 posts, it’s difficult to know where to start :frowning:

You don’t have a wiki/user guide hidden somewhere to help me catch up? :slight_smile:

In particular, if I understood correctly previous posts, it is now possible to have Homey connect directly to the Tahoma without going through Somfy Cloud!?

edit: the only reason I need catch up is because your application was too much stable in the last year and more, I’m blaming you lol

1 Like

Yes, the app now supports the new local access. You just need to enable developer mode in your Somfy account so that your Tahoma hub allows direct access.

2 Likes

Nothing to change in the app settings?

Nope. When you enable developer mode your Tahoma hub will broadcast it’s information then the app will detect it and connect.

1 Like

Just so nice, thx buddy

1 Like

Hi Adrian

How was your break?

The app is still losing connection with all devices every few minutes. They connect again when the app is restarted but lose it again soon after.

I have sent you a log file and will be grateful for any help. Code is 19b082a3-c9a4-493b-880e-8b3089ddbdba

Thank you

I had a great holiday in Bali thanks, but I’m happy to be back to the cooler climate as it was a bit too warm for me :sweat::grin:
I have replied to you via the Diagnostics report but let me know if you haven’t received it.

1 Like

Very nice, always wanted to go there – yes got reply thanks and have followed instructions.

1 Like

Slightly off topic question for you. Is it possible to see via Somfy any status that relates to the windows sensing rain? Mine auto close when it rains but cannot see that in Homey at all?

It might show something in the lock state when it rains.
If you send the device log when the window has closed because of rain, I will look to see if it reports anything.

Ok, great how long after it rains do you need the log – ie, do I have to do it quickly or is after a day or two ok? Do you need a time stamp of when window closed due to rain?

You would need to send the log just after the window closes due to rain. The lock state will only be active while it is locked out.
You might need to enable the information log as well and send that when the window closes.
Do you see a capability for lock state in the Homey device?
I have added a similar feature for another user that had Velux windows so maybe you already have it.
He helped me track down the information by spraying his windows with a hose so he could control when the window closed.

Morning

I’ll take a look at the lock states thanks.

The app seemed to keep its connection much longer yesterday but when I got up this am it had lost it again. I have sent the log , code is 9831e753-ccd3-4104-8d0e-276e0c6751cb

Thanks

lost connection again today.

By clicking on log in again in the app settings of the app, you were successfully logged in. The awning could then be controlled again.

Are you using the test version?
If so can you send the information log from the app settings page.

1 Like

The Homey Diagnostics Log doesn’t contain any information. Could you send the information log from the app settings page.

Hello Adrian!
Everytime I try to login within the App it says „401 request error“. I‘ve read and searched through the internet and found out, that Somfy uses a tahoma box, wich needs to be connected to the hub in Developer Mode.

I only have Somfy One and the alarm devices like intellitags and movement detectors.
Do I need to buy a tahoma box to use this skill?
And if yes, would the Tahoma switch (which shall be the newer version I guess) work too?

I’m glad if you could help with my questions

Cheers :slight_smile:

The app does need one of the Somfy hubs. The Tahoma Switch is fine, but it will also work with the Connectivity Kit. However, you will need to add the One Alarm to the hub, and I’m not sure if that is possible with anything but Tahoma.
Also, note that you won’t have access to the individual sensors as they are not exposed, so all you can do is set the alarm state and detect if it is activated.
I use the Tahoma hub for my curtains and other Somfy contact sensors, etc, so being able to set my One Alarm was just a bonus for me.

Morning

Yes, using test version – it is odd, it seemed fine for a day and then slipped back into losing connection quickly again

Info log sent – code 1207365236

Is that all you need?

Interesting, in the log it shows the box is not responding:

{
    "time": "2023-10-20T06:46:41.631Z",
    "elapsed": 4.89,
    "source": "Right front: Local command failed (will try cloud)",
    "data": "command: {
                "name": "close",
                "parameters": []
              }, error = timeout of 10000ms exceeded
              Error: timeout of 10000ms exceeded
                  at createError (/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
                  at ClientRequest.handleRequestTimeout (/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:303:16)
                  at Object.onceWrapper (node:events:645:28)
                  at ClientRequest.emit (node:events:526:28)
                  at TLSSocket.emitRequestTimeout (node:_http_client:758:9)
                  at Object.onceWrapper (node:events:645:28)
                  at TLSSocket.emit (node:events:538:35)
                  at TLSSocket.Socket._onTimeout (node:net:501:8)
                  at listOnTimeout (node:internal/timers:559:17)
                  at processTimers (node:internal/timers:502:7))"
  },

The mDNS has found the box:

{
    "time": "2023-10-20T06:46:25.865Z",
    "elapsed": 0.447,
    "source": "mDNS Found a local bridge",
    "data": "{
                "pin": "####-####-####",
                "address": "192.168.1.68",
                "port": 8443,
                "api_version": "1",
                "fw_version": "2023.4.4-9"
              }"
  },
  {
    "time": "2023-10-20T06:46:25.880Z",
    "elapsed": 0.015,
    "source": "Doing local login",
    "data": ""
  },
  {
    "time": "2023-10-20T06:46:26.352Z",
    "elapsed": 0.472,
    "source": "Tahoma Local Login",
    "data": "Set local token for https://gateway-####-####-####local"
  },
  {
    "time": "2023-10-20T06:46:26.358Z",
    "elapsed": 0.006,
    "source": "Local login: Getting local API version",
    "data": ""
  },
  {
    "time": "2023-10-20T06:46:27.021Z",
    "elapsed": 0.663,
    "source": "Local login Successful",
    "data": "{
                "protocolVersion": "2023.4.4-9"
              }"
  },

The login is still done through the cloud, even though it is for the local connection.
So unless the app is getting the wrong IP address via Homey’s mDNS, I can’t see why it would fail.
Would it be possible to make sure the Tahoma box is assigned a fixed IP address, just in case it is changing and Homey is not picking it up correctly?