[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.81, test v4.0.84)

Hi @Adrian_Rockall

I noticed that since one of the last test versions, the “window open” status is also set if the window is only “tilted”. this was not the case in the older versions.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 05-59-30 Tims Homey Pro

Thank you for the great app and best regards

Off-topic
@Adrian_Rockall Congratz!

5 Likes

Thank you.

Hi All,

Is there any way to save the state after triggering an RTS shade? E.g. after the down signal has been given, mark the status to down. Now the status remains in 50%, which is giving me some problems with HomeKit and other dashboards.

There’s a plug-in for Homebridge that does this, but I’d like to keep my dashboards in Homey.

Best,

Sander

The problem is RTS has no feedback, so Homey has no way to know the current state.
The middle button in the group is the stop button, not 50% and there is no position information for it.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the quick response. Understand that. Have a combination of RTS and newer IO shades. Understand the limitations of RTS.

Even though it doesn’t have any feedback we could assume though that if you ask it to go down it actually does go down. I have this working in HomeKit through Homebridge now and it works perfectly. Only on rare occasions (power cuts etc) it can sometimes happen that it gets out of sync. In those cases it’s just a matter of switching them all open to get them back in sync.

Status wise it looks way better to see them closed than in some ambiguous state.

Kind regards,

Sander Retz

The problem is that a lot of users also use remote controls or pull on the curtains, myself included. As soon as you do that, Homey is out of sync. Then, if a button remains pressed, Homey will ignore any touches or flow actions for that button as it has an optimisation feature to prevent sending unnecessary time consuming commands.
That means that Flows would be unreliable as when the cover is open but the button says closed, it is no longer possible to close it unless you press or send an open command first.
From an automation flow, there is no way to know if the command has worked or not.

The way it currently works is safe as if you press an open button / use an open action card it will always send an open command and if you press the close button / use a close action card it will always send a close command.

@Adrian_Rockall
I can no longer operate my io Louvre with homey.
If I want to repair the product or log in again via the app, I get this message. I have not logged in online, my details are correct.

Can you tell me what I can do about this?

Can you update to the latest test version and if it still happens then send me the Information log.

Thanks for the quick response. I already had the latest version of the app. I installed the test version and I can log in again.
:+1:t2:

HI @Adrian_Rockall

Unfortunately the bug still exists.
If the window is tilted, then the status should only be “tilted” and not “tilted” and “open”:

If the window is open, then the status is correct:

If there’s a way you can fix this, that would be awesome.

Thank you

I thought I had fixed that so I will go back and check later today.

I presume you are using the latest test version?

1 Like

Yes i´m using v4.0.56 test-version.

I have just published a new test version. Can you try that to see if it fixes the issue.

1 Like

Hi @Adrian_Rockall

Unfortunately it doesn’t work yet.
Now the status for “window open” doesn’t change anymore. it stays on “open”.

Thanks

Ok, another test version. I forgot that the state is processed in two places.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the window status “open” is not reset even if the window is closed

Thanks

Another test version. I think I need to get more sleep as I’m missing silly things, so sorry for going around in circles.

1 Like

now it works perfectly. thanks for the quick fix.

2 Likes

Hello Adrian,

first excuse me for my poor level of english

I have a problem with my list of scénrios => it’s empty
do you know this problem ?

i have somfy tahoma & connexoon v4.0.59

thanks for your help