[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

Ah, sorry wrong log. Can you got to the Configure app page, select the Device Log tab, then tap on Get Log. Once the list has populated, tap on the Send log button.

Done

OK, you should be able to add them if you select the Velux roller shutter(io) device.

Well, it seems to work. Thanks!
I am pretty sure they are actually not from Velux since Iā€™ve seen them before they were put in and I remember what was written on the box.

But hey ā€¦ as long as it works ā€¦ :grin:

The driver was probably originally for the Velux product but as the API was identical to another I reused it by simply adding the new id.
The app has about 50 drivers but supports over 100 devices.

Hello Adrian,
First thank you for the app, the light of my ā€žpergola Markiseā€œ works great.
Unfortunately the app canā€˜t find the ā€žMarkiseā€œ itself. I sent a log to you, but donā€˜t have a ID.
Is it possible to add the device?
Thank you and regards!

I can see the device in the log so it should be possible to add it.
I submitted the app for release last week and Iā€™m waiting for it to be reviewed, so I canā€™t publish any updates until the review is complete. However, I will add it to my local code tonight so I can publish a new test version as soon as the review is complete.

Thank you so far. I saw the device in the log as well, but no matter what type of device I choose I always get the message ā€žNo new device foundā€œ. I tried many different but none worked.

The current code doesnā€™t recognise that controllableName so it will ignore it.

Hi Adrian!
For some time - I donā€™t know for how long - I have problems with my IO devices.
I can control them - set state Up/Down or Position 0-100% manually or by flow.
But it will not update (poll) to show the new state/position - It seems as the ā€˜autopollā€™ doesnā€™t work after a device is finished.
However if I run a flow with ā€˜Turn polling Onceā€™ it will update status of the deviceā€¦

Let me know if you want some kind of log or if I should test something - Thnx! :pray:

Could you enable the Information log (blue tick) wait for a few minutes and then send the log.

Also verify the polling is enabled and set to 30 seconds.

I have published a new test version that has support for your pergola.

I have set ā€˜Poll for status updatesā€™ unchecked (off) in the app settings since nov 2020 - I rely on the excellent automatic Boost mode you have built in to the app since version 2.1.6.
Itā€™s the Boost mode I donā€™t think work now?

I sent you Information log twice - delete the first one. (had to restart app after nightly update to 3.0.22)
In the second log I opened a blind with Position, then closed again with State Up and then finally did Turn polling with a flow.

Hope this helps!

Hmm, I will need to study the log very carefully as it seems to be working as expected by getting the events for the progress of the commands. Then at the end, it stops polling because it is disabled.
Maybe, the command complete message comes in before the last status update from the move, so I might need to try and delay the end boost for a few seconds after the command completes.
There is also the added complication that the app fetches all the states when events are changed from disabled to enabled, so another option is to delay that until the commands are complete.
This one might take a bit of time to ponder on to check out my theories of how it is going wrong and then find best solution.

OK - Thnx!
Boost mode has worked well for me since it was implemented. If I may guess, it stopped working a couple of weeks ago ā€¦?
Let me know if I can assist in any way!

1 Like

Perfect, thank you. Now it works.

1 Like

I have just sent you a new Information log - Can you tell me what you think about it?
Itā€™s the result after a flow with Turn pollingā€¦

I think its another side effect of not polling. The error 400 is a bad request and as it is in response to fetching events, I think the event ID (the long string in the request) has expired. My guess is that I have not cleared the last event registration when polling is turned off. The problem is recovering so itā€™s not critical, but it is something I need to look into as forcing errors on the server is not good practice.
I need to setup my second Homey to connect to my Tahoma without polling so I can do more thorough testing in this scenario :wink:

1 Like

OK, I did another test;
After my blinds now was closed by a flow and not changed to the new status in Homey, I manually run a flow with ā€˜Turn pollingā€™. As a result I got the same error (400) that was in the latest log. AND, to my suprise, it didnā€™t help update the new status!? :thinking:
So I clicked on the ā€˜Save credentialsā€™ button on the ā€˜Settingsā€™ tab. I was ā€˜Successfully logged inā€™.
Once again I manually run the flow with ā€˜Turn pollingā€™ and NO error and Homey was updated with the right status!

Waited around 15 min, blinds up, no status change, Turn polling, error 400, no status change.
Save credentials, Successfully logged in, Turn polling, no error, status updated.
After around 1 min blinds down, no status change, Turn polling, no error, status updated.

Is there a problem with the connection to Somfy dropping after a whileā€¦? :face_with_peeking_eye:

If youā€™re not polling then Somfy will drop the connection because itā€™s not being used. The app should cope with that as itā€™s expected and the error code would be 401 Unauthorised and the app will log in again. I think the 400 error is due to another problem also being caused by not polling but something I need to fix.
If you try to turn on polling a second time, after the failure, does it work then?

My theory is Iā€™m not clearing the event ID when polling is stopped. Therefore, when polling is started again, it tries to get the events using the old ID, which has now expired. That causes the 400 error and fails, but clears the ID. If polling is enabled, it will try again the next time and, because the ID is cleared, it will fetch all the data and register for new events. I need to verify all this once I get home and if the theory looks sound, that should be simple to fix. The harder one to fix is to make sure it fetches the new status after the boost is turned off. I think the command complete notification is coming in before the final position update and as that turns off the boost / polling it is being missed. Iā€™m not sure why it has changed as it could be an ā€˜improvementā€™ I have made or it could be a timing change that Somfy has made.

1 Like