[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

OK - blinds up, no status change, Turn polling, error 400, no status change.
Turned on poll for status updates with interval 30 sec, ‘Save preferences’ and after around 30 sec - status updated and no errors! :+1:

I can see in the Information log that poll every 30 sec works!
It feels like you are on the right track and I hope you are able to find a solution. Let me know if I can assist in any way! :nerd_face:

1 Like

I have published a new test version that should fix both the 400 error and delay the Un-boost for 16 seconds if polling is not enabled, so it should now have time to receive the latest status updates after the command has completed.
Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Thanks for 3.0.23!
It’s not working and I have sent a new information log describing the following:
Blinds up, no status change, no error, blinds down, no status change, no error.
Turn polling, no status change, error 400.
Save credentials, Successfully logged in, Turn polling, status updated, no error.

I published a new version. It seems at some point I made a change that stopped certain devices from enabling the boost mode. Strange thing is, the GitHub history shows that change was nearly 12 months ago, so I’m surprised it has only just be noticed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adrian - you are the best! :star2:
3.0.24 seems to have solved “my” problems completely!
Boost seems to work as before. Manual polling seems to work. And no error 400 at all.
I’m keeping an eye on it …

I have a hard time believing that the error has been with me for 12 months … :face_with_peeking_eye:
I discovered it a few weeks ago, when I got “weird” results from my flows for some windows and blinds. Since they are controlled by indoor temperature, outdoor temperature, UV index and time, among other things, it took me a good while before I began to understand that maybe Boost did not seem to work.
But, OK - now it works again and I am incredibly happy that you are the one responsible for this app. You are a role model for other app developers! Thnx! :pray:

1 Like

Hello. I’d like to add my somfy one. The app is there and I see the device with icon of somfy on the list. However I cannot connect it. Anyone knows how i can connect somfy one with homey? Thanks.

It should add in OK. Can you send the Device log from the Configure App page just in case the device type has changed.
So go to More, Apps, Somfy Tahoma &Connexoon, Configure App, then select the Devices tab, tap on Get Devices and finally Send Log.

hello. thank you for the app and the explanation.

I have a somfy one but I don’t have a tahoma box. do I need it, in order to connect to Homey? or can I connect the somfy one directly to homey? I tried and I don’t get the green confirmation by saving Login credentials…

thanks

hi, thanks for your message. I don’t have the option “devices tab” and “get devices”. I only have “information log”, “device log” and “state log”. I tried with “information log” and I tapped on “send log” and I tried “device log” too and I tapped on “get log”. nothing happens. thank you a lot for your support.

It looks like you have entered your login details. On the version you are using you enter them in the Configure App page. If you install the test version then you are prompted for the login details when adding the device.

I’m not sure to understand. what should I do now?

Sorry, I missed that bit. You will need a Tahoma box and then add the One Alarm to it, then it can be added to Homey.

I’m not sure if it is possible to connect to the One Alarm directly. There used to be a MyFox API for the other Somfy Alarm but I haven’t looked at that for a long time, so not sure if it works with the One Alarm.

ok, we see now where the problem is. I have so many devices at my place and I don’t like the idea buying a new box only to connect one device to homey. I have to think about. I bought the homey in order to reduce the number of boxes and bridges in my house, but I don’t reach my goal here. I already have a “centero elero home” box to control my blinds, which I cannot eliminate, because I cannot connect it to homey…

if I buy a tahoma box and connect the somfy one to homey, can I then switch off the tahoma box? or it has to be always online afterwards? homey and somfy communicate then via the tahoma account online or via the box?

I saw many tahoma boxes. witch one is the right one? connexoon? link? tahoma switch? kit connectivity?

thanks for your patience.

As far as I know it will always need to be switched on.

I only know for sure that it works with the old Tahoma box as that is the one I have. I presume it will work with the Switch as I think that is the replacement for the old Tahoma. However I have no idea of it can be added to the Connexoon, etc.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I decided to give up and sell my somfy one+. I don’t want to buy any tahoma box. It’s also expensive. It would make sense if I use it as main system, instead of homey. But I like homey. I will build myself an alarm system with devices, which are directly connected with homey, like ikea, fibaro, aqara, aeotec, etc.

I love my Homey as well but I’m not sure I would trust it as my House alarm system. The Somfy One has served me well for about 3 years now and has been very reliable. I do wish I could use the One sensors as part of Homey so I didn’t have two sensor on some doors.
I have also found that someone has made a MyFox app for Homey but it is not in the Athom or HCS store. I have asked if he intends to publish it but had no reply. If you are happy to install it via the CLI then you could download the repo from GitHub (GitHub - llanen/io.myfox.api) and try it to see if it works with the One.

Coming to Homey Pro and the Tahoma or Switch soon: Local access to the hub.
This won’t be available on the Connexoon as Somfy are not including this feature on those.

I am updating the app to atomically choose the local access method if it is available.

If users are interested in getting the best from their Homey - Tahoma integration could you vote for this issue on GitHub for me Push Notifications · Issue #2 · Somfy-Developer/Somfy-TaHoma-Developer-Mode · GitHub

Push notifications would mean the app no longer needs to poll the Tahoma system, which would mean less work for your Homey while getting immediate notifications of events. I have been asking my contact for this on the internet API for a long time and it has fallen on deaf ears, possibly because they have been working on the local API. But they have now acknowledge the request on GitHub and marked it as an enhancement, which is a positive sign. If lots of users get behind it then maybe it will be given a higher priority.

3 Likes

Hi,
First, i’m sorry for my bad english …
I have associate my homey and tahoma accout. On the log, I see in live when I switch on or off my sensor (just 1 “Izymo dimmer io” and 1 " MICRO-ÉMETTEUR IZYMO io") but I can’t add the equipement on the app …
Can you help me please ?
Thanx,
Benjamin

Nothing wrong with your English.
It sounds like your devices are not yet supported by the app.
So I can add support can you go to Homey Developer Tools, select the Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon app, then select the Device Log tab. Click on the Get Log button and then when this list has populated, click on the Send Log button.