[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Simplify your life with a smarter home

Thanks for your ideas @Sharkys

Firmware of the TVOC (AAQS-S01) is 0.0.0_0029 (which seems to be latest, no update available)

Homey is on 10.0.9-rc.1

What do you mean by maintenance?

Should be

Simply go to the device settings and do Maintenance - Try to repair. Might be irrelevant, if you just added that sensor already on latest Homey version though.
Also if this will not help, try Aqara TVOC sensor (VOCKQJK11LM) stops updating Ā· Issue #9454 Ā· Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt Ā· GitHub and then pair it back to Homey (not sure if during pairing that setting get deleted or not but still might be worth trying)

1 Like

the maintenance seemed to help.
its also updating values.
its showing a ā€œ!ā€ā€¦ I guess its because of the battery, its seems not to read that value
Uploading: image.pngā€¦

EDIT:
Ok, weirdā€¦ I have 2 homey pros at home right now, and I tested this with my 2nd oneā€¦ where it worked, as described aboveā€¦
Now I want to redo this to my productive one. Its not working on 10.0.9 and not with 10.0.8 ā€¦

I was surprised to see the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 was not supported. What are the plans including this device?

Itā€™s not a Zigbee device (this app only supports Zigbee devices), and there are already plenty of posts about this device on the forum. Please use the search first.

4 Likes

Hello i have ( and from saying more people have)
A big issu wit battery status fron aqara divices.
Homey say that there 100% but they are emty.

Can u fox this in next update??

Greets Gertjan

Hi there,

Awesome plugin, itā€™s working pretty nicely with all my Aqara devices and homey pro 2023! Thanks a lot for building this!

I am facing some small issues though, if anyone has any ideas:

• For my Curtain B1 controllers, it sometimes just disconnects (red exclamation mark). In this case ā€˜try to repairā€™ doesnā€™t work but restarting the Aqara app did seem to do the trick.
  • I reconnected my lumi.ctrl_neutral2 (I previously had it setup with the old driver on my Homey 2019), and while it is now neatly discovered as two devices, the ā€œrightā€ button doesnā€™t seem to work properly. It does turn on or off, but the status never updates, in the homey app it just reports it times out after 30 seconds. Also pressing the switch physically doesnā€™t reflect in the homey app. The left button works without any issues! ā€”> EDIT: Looks like removing and re-adding them has fixed the issue (at least for now!)

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the above, pleas let me know, or if I can contribute anything to debug, I did already file a diagnostic report through the app, id: e5d006f3-7bbb-4854-83dc-7e7a0e8c71bb.

Cheers, and keep the awesome updates coming :slight_smile:

Aqara battery reporting is notoriously unreliable.

Heā€™s online regularly so I donā€™t think anything happened to him. And although I really appreciate the work heā€™s doing, the lack of communication unnecessarily smears the picture, which is very frustrating and unfortunate. No shame in delays, just communicate properly.
Furthermore, I think itā€™s ā€šweaksauceā€˜ how Anthom is actively promoting Aqara support despite the fact that most of the new devices are not (properly) supported, and they ainā€™t doing shit for official Aqara support.

5 Likes

Then pay Ted a salary. Maybe thatā€™ll help speeding things up. Then he can quit his job and spend more time on adding your thermostat.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s literally what Ted told us LUMI will be doing, hiring him as a regular developer to take care of the integration. From my understanding that means somewhat of a regular salary - correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

I also think I was quite clear that my criticism is mainly targeted towards Athoms, if you heavily advertise an integration, you should either support it officially or pay the developer doing it enough to actually have it up to date.

Youā€™re wrong.

1 Like

I asked to be corrected not to be told Iā€™m wrong.

It literally says contract developer, how am I wrong?
appreciate the explanation :slight_smile:

Edit: As said, nobody is criticizing him taking a while doing this voluntarily, itā€™s amazing work and I am very very appreciative about it (although I think it should be Athoms Job). Nevertheless, if you promise hundreds of peopleā€™s certain things, even if done voluntarily, you impact their decisions as well and going silent for months is just lot a nice way of doing things, at least I youā€™re online regularly. But I guess in the end Iā€™m not annoyed with Ted but with Athoms.

6 Likes

Too bad. This discussion is completely useless, irrelevant and off-topic.

1 Like

Wow. Yeah your input is definitively helpful :wink:
Have a great week :+1:t2:

1 Like

I had the same issue on one of my homey prosā€¦ I bought a second one cause of connection issues to test if its a faulty deviceā€¦ and for some reason, on the second device the Zigbee issues did not occurā€¦

Hi @TedTolboom , even we are for sure grateful on providing estimated timeline, it always might strike back in case of delays, which is fully understandable and something that might happen.

I just wonder, how the things goes, can you share your current point of view (I guess no NDA would prevent you on stating general stuff and share with community ) ? Or something happened, eg. issue with Athom/API/Zigbee stack ?

Thank you.

4 Likes

Exactly what I repeat everyday about Athomā€¦
Doing nothing and relying on free work by free developersā€¦
many people get fed up and they may kill their business.

Christopher Charpentier

2 Likes

100% agree !!

Christopher Charpentier

1 Like

You know what could really kill their business, it is trying to support all apps that are in the store. They probably need to hire an army of developers and thats not sustainable with the pay once for the device and not have a subscription strategy. I mean its not like home assistant or other hubs have the same problem, they do. And i donā€™t know any hub out there that has the amount of apps/integrations homey has (okay HA excluded but they donā€™t have a hub with the same connectivity as homey and the sleek flow builder.) and if you donā€™t like homey, and it sure looks like it because the only posts you make on the forum are negative, sell the thing and try something else.