[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

5 Likes

Unfortunately this is not exactly what I need. It reports since last trigger. Including switches or virtual devices. It does not show anything about the connection to Homey.

When will you add the Aqara Wireless Remote Double Switch WXKG07LM ?

Thanks

2 Likes

Battery powered devices donā€™t have a permanent connection, that would cost you a lot of batteries. They go into sleep until there is an alarm/trigger/update. So this is the only way to know a device didnā€™t report within the specified time frame.
With some devices you can specify a period after which they should report back to the controller even if there was no alarm/trigger/update, but afaik Xiaomi devices donā€™t have that option.

Hi Ted. I am using your app to a large extent and was browsing for this kind of statement regarding the update.
As much as I want to see the Aqara app updated/migrated, I fully support your decision and how you prioritize your time. I have understand that Athom has failed to cooperate with the community developers and that, well, really ******** sucks.

You have my support, focus on your vacation, and if you want, work with this app when you feel you are ready for it. I can wait many months if that is the case. When it is ready, I will buy you a beer.

2 Likes

I do not agree your statement as athom only released the 5.0 for developers and announced already a few times that it was coming. They even wrote a tutorial to help the developers, and Iā€™m sure the will on other channels such as slack.
If you are on the developer channel just to have the latest updates and do not face the consequences, just turn it off. All developers have time to change whatever needs to change, if notā€¦ Bad luckā€¦ We just have to wait until it is done, or do it yourself.
The easiest is to give athom bad feedbackā€¦ But it is much better to give the developers their credits!
They all do a fantastic job and we, as well as athom appreciates that very muchā€¦ Iā€™m sureā€¦
So be patient and remember that most of the developers use the units you want to be updatedā€¦ So they are eager to updateā€¦ Give it some time!!!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I am currently using amongst others several Xiaomi temperature sensors to log the behavior of my WTW unit. Just noted that two sensors still have the same value as two days ago. Which is also indicated when I go to the specific devices.

I rebooted the Homey and I think the Zigbee mesh should be fine (See screenshot)

Only the temperature sensors are battery powered, the rest 220V.

What can I do to get the sensors up and running again and make more reliable? Any tips?
I am logging 24/7 each 5 minutes all TS.

Thanks in advance, Jan

How many Zigbee devices do you have? Does the list end at the bottom?
I am not sure if your mesh functions correctly, although you have plenty of routers. But all are connected directly to Homey so you are reaching the max of 20 directly connected devices.

Nr 13 (whats in a number) seems not to be connected correctly. You might wanna restart that one (leave the battery oit for a whilr and out it back in) or re-pair it if that does not helpā€¦

Hi Henk,

Thanks for your quick reply. This is the total list. My understanding was a Max of 15 battery powered devices (I.e. No mesh contributing devices). Furthermore I understood that I can do nothing to influence the mesh (except rebooting).

I will get the battery out of 13 and Will see if that helps.

Best regards, Jan

No, the max is 20 devices directly in totalā€¦
If the battery pulling (:slight_smile:) does not help, try to repair the sensor.

Check the battery. If voltage less than 3 volt, replace with a fresh one. Maybe hou have to re-pair (without deleting first). You will get a duplicate error message, and the sensor will be online again (I hope)

Hello, will there be a support for the aqara g2h webcam?

Thanks

Philipp

They make Zigbee Cameraā€™s now? :scream: (hint: they donā€™t, it isnā€™t a zigbee device, so you are asking this in the wrong tread).

Actually, it is.
It is a WiFi camera, but also a Zigbee gateway to which you can connect several other Xiaomi/Aqara Zigbee devices. You can even connect Bluetooth devices like Flowercaresā€¦

I suppose that is meant here.

1 Like

Then it is still the wrong app thread, as there is a Xiaomi gateway app, which might already support this gateway if it works the same as normal gateways. :grin:

I know, but since it is an Aqara cam/gateway I can very much understand the question. So letā€™s give him some creditā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

I do not think the device is added by either apps. If someone else has other info, please let @Philipp_Karl knowā€¦

2 Likes

thanks @Henk_Renting

Hi Ted,
for different reason i upgrade to 5.0.0-rc18 firmware for my homey pro and like you know Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home app is not compatible with new zigbee core.
I use only 3 aqara temperature and humidity with my system, so is not so urgent but you can tell me if and when you consider to upgrade your app for new core?
thanks
Marco

1 Like

Hi @MarcoZ

Like I mentioned in an earlier update (Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Zigbee App (v0.8.0)), it is not a matter of if I will update but when the update will be available.

The update of this app will require quite some work (easily 20-30 hours, based on current devices and features), which I couldnā€™t complete before the holiday break.

I do expect to be able to release a first update around the end of Augustā€¦

6 Likes

Wow, that Ƭs a lot of time!

I already donated to Ted. This much work has to be rewarded, as far as Iā€™m consideredā€¦ Especially when you look at how much we use this app. If you spend money on Aqara devices, spend some money to the developers too.

Whoā€™s following with a donation?

8 Likes