[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Feedback from my side on this announcement:
Yes, Athom has just released the new SDK3 documentation and initial test version of v5 to the Homey community Zigbee app developers, after already updating their own Zigbee based apps.

Current state of the supporting zigbeedriver and zigbee-clusters node modules is only in a (IMHO) rudimentary state; able to support their own Zigbee apps, but not able to support the larger variation of Zigbee apps.

At this moment, I feel I am forced to first support the other community developers (including myself) to bring those node modules to a decent level; which will in the end enable us to start migrating the apps to SDK3 efficiently.

In all Athom is ready and is forcing their community developers in to a position I don’t like / appreciate; unable to meet or manage their users expectations…

To set the right expectations; I don’t anticipate that I will be able to release a test version of the Aqara app (based on current device implementation) in the next 1.5 weeks (before my holidays). Sorry guys :frowning:

So strong advice to all Aqara app users;
DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES OF THE EXPERIMENTAL CHANNEL.

Updating to experimental before your favorite Zigbee apps will be updated, will result in non-operational devices!

24 Likes