[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Great,
thanks for your fast and accurate reply.

have a great holiday :wink:

Dear Ted, thank you for all your efforts and your valuable time. We are all very grateful. I also urge everybody to support the developers, who provided us with such great apps!

Hi Ton,
Thank you for the tip. Just did this ā€˜procedureā€™ with both sensors (being offline for 4 days) and the are measuring again.
Best regards, Jan

Make it somkinda croudfunding for Ted . Give this man his donation. To be honest, without these great guys who write the apps homey would be much les interesting

4 Likes

Just donated again. Great work @TedTolboom!

2 Likes

All so done yesterday, buy a beer Ted, or more on your hollyday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, my aqara motion sensor works with version 5. the funny thing is that it is connecting through mesh with a ikea tradfri bulb.

i donā€™t now how i can redirect the other aqara devices through a ikea router.

Fully agree with your request to donate, donation made :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I followed. Keep up the good work @TedTolboom

2 Likes

Does this Homey V5.0 update also support the Mijia Honeywell Smoke Detector?

@TedTolboom

Does Aqara B1 Curtain Controller support gently hand pull in your Homey Aqara & Xiaomi apps ?

I think that is something that has to be supported by the B1 itself, not the Homey app.

I followed also, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Done!, Ted have a good holiday!

2 Likes

I have a Aqara B1, added to Homey, Iā€™ve not able find the option to active hand pull, and I donā€™t have Aqara hub too to verify.

This is what Ted wrote: " Devices Work in Progress (awaiting additional clusters in Homeyā€™s Zigbee implementation)

• MiJia Honeywell Smoke Detector White
  • MiJia Honeywell Gas Leak Detector
  • MiJia Aqara Water sensor"

So probably it will be supported (I also have one ā€œin stockā€ since two years), but I guess that Ted will first update the app for existing devices and then start adding new devices.

1 Like

Yes that is clear.
ā€œmaar dan is er wel ligt aan het eind van de tunnelā€ :sweat_smile:
I also have 3 in my house.

But still. Movement by gently pulling is something that the motor from the B1 itself has to be capable of.
This is not initiated by Homey or any hub/gateway.

Dear all,

Let me start by responding that I greatly appreciate the initiative of @Henk_Renting and the response the community gave to it, just heartwarming!
I was not looking forward to the reactions based on the experimental release and the lack of the Aqara / Xiaomi update, but I do sense that the majority is recognizing the current status.

Based on the feedback and contributions, Iā€™m almost (!) considering to start working on the update remotely; but will keep it for now at considering the best approach to update the app.

The main steps regarding the Xiaomi/Aqara app update will involve:

1. Rewriting and testing the different drivers of the existing devices (including driver library optimization)
  2. Release of the first test version to the App Store test environment
  3. Adding support for the already committed devices; e.g. the waterleak-, smoke- and gas-sensors and Opple switches
  4. Extending the current drivers with their configuration options; will need some support here from the community to identify / gather all information from other sources
  5. Adding support for the newly released devices; e.g the Aqara D1 switches. I will need to buy them first to be able to add support for them; so this action will have a lead time anyway.

Hopefully this answers the remaining questions I have seen.

On a closing note; Iā€™d once more like to express my gratitude about the support received from the community; great to see this collaboration!

I do hope that you will also consider to provide this support to the other community developers facing similar upgrade efforts; like:

23 Likes

Dear Ted,

Supported them both after your request, but:

ā€Iā€™m almost (!) considering to start working on the update remotely"

If you start updating the app during your holiday I want you to refund meā€‹:bangbang: :wink: Relax! :beers::sunny::beach_umbrella: :wink:

9 Likes