[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

You are very welcome, @TedTolboom.
As I will continue to support other developers too.

Thanks for clearifying how much work it will be and how dedicated you are to it. Really appreciated!

Also nice to read that waterleak-, smoke- and gassensors will be supported. Do you already know which ones? That way I’d be happy to order some already (takes a while for Ali to get them here… :slight_smile: ), so we can make sure to test them out for you.

I’d be happy to help you testing the current devices too, as you’ve asked. I’ll send you a PM with the devices (incl modelnumbers) which I have and therefore can test out for you.

But first: enjoy your holiday and enjoy the beers we’ve sent you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Followed (again)

1 Like

I like the friendly atmosphere here, nice to see the community come together. As a token of my appreciation I just donated a small sum to Ted, that is in fact the least I could do given the level of Aqara usage in my home. Not much, but anyway something.
But I would like to highlight the atmosphere and great understanding amongst the people here, nice to see!

7 Likes

Ted, please add support for aqara rolling shutter when you start implementing the corresponding step (point 5 in your post)

mine didnt before the update.

let wait for new @TedTolboom finished the zigbee update and hear his advice :thinking:

There are options to set the direction / pull to open behavior of the Xiaomi / Aqara curtain controller; but in the 4.x core these options were not able to be implemented (manufacturer specific attributes).

They will be part of work package 4.

1 Like

Hi.
I use a lot of zigbee devices from aqara, and few Xiaomi, in total i have 15 zigbee devices all battery powered.
Some of them lose their connection from time to time, i have to wake them up and get them closer to Homey.
My question is, if i use one or two aqara smart plugs around the house will that help the battery powered devices?
Since they are always connected to electricity, and i heard electric powered zigbee devices create a mesh network. ( Don’t if that’s true, sorry for my ignorance )
I just would like to know if this would be a solution for my problem or any other ideia?
Thank you soo much.

1 Like

Used the search function?
Answer is simply: yes.

Yes and no - having more non-battery powered ZigBee devices will make your network more stable but the maximum is about 20 devices on Homey, so you don’t need them yet (altoght I highly recommend it). Also battery operated ZigBee devices are constantly sleeping and sending updates only when they are wake up by impulse (move for motion, temperature for sensors etc.). So I would definitely try it, or wait for new fw v5, that contains rewritten ZigBee core which may fix some of the issues as well. Just few guesses…

1 Like

I definately would try some router devices like lights or smartplugs.
It will improve your zigbee network dramatically in ways of both coverage and reliability.
10 euro already buys you a simple Ikea smartplug that will do the job (better: buy a few and spread them throughout the house). You’ll be amazed.

1 Like

any news about Aqara Water Sensor ?

Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Zigbee App (v0.8.0) - see option / phase 3

@TedTolboom I just donated, thx for all the work and the commitment.

@everyone, I really didn’t know how much to donate. I dunno, what is common-practise?. So I chose to donate €20,- is that a ‘normal’ amount or am I being Cheap?

Or maybe this is a silly Question, I dunno… :thinking:

1 Like

It depends on how many beers you would like to order :-)))

Is the maximum 20 zigbee devices? What did you get that figure from?

From hanging around the forums for a long time and reading some posts. It has been discussed many times all around the forums. It’s for devices connected to Homey directly! So devices connected thru router (non battery powered) devices are not in this limit, just devices connected directly to Homey.

That is not normal m8! But every donation is not normal, it’s very nice and it will be much appreciated by the developer. There is no such thing like being cheap in donating . All donations are nice, 20 euro’s is very nice!

1 Like

Thanks, I have not been haning around the forum that much, mostly when I need information or have an issue. For some reason, I have not seen that figure the past 3 years. With the new version coming up, hopefully the mesh network is being built better, and more battery powered sensors can mesh via a router instead of being connected directly to Homey?!

I have about 30 devices (11 enddevices and the rest are routers) and have not experienced any issues, so far.

20 direct devices. Routers help to increase the number.

I have 37 devices, 8 routers (IKEA sockets, IKEA repeaters), not really because 8 were required for routing but because I was searching for cheap socket options within existing apps. With this setup, I have even on old fw about 16 direct connections, rest is routing via routers. In any way, it’s slightly off topic for Aquara.
True is it took me as well certain time to find those limits - I have no idea why it’s not already mentioned publicly somewhere by Athom directly.