[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Dear all,

Let me start by responding that I greatly appreciate the initiative of @Henk_Renting and the response the community gave to it, just heartwarming!
I was not looking forward to the reactions based on the experimental release and the lack of the Aqara / Xiaomi update, but I do sense that the majority is recognizing the current status.

Based on the feedback and contributions, I’m almost (!) considering to start working on the update remotely; but will keep it for now at considering the best approach to update the app.

The main steps regarding the Xiaomi/Aqara app update will involve:

1. Rewriting and testing the different drivers of the existing devices (including driver library optimization)
  2. Release of the first test version to the App Store test environment
  3. Adding support for the already committed devices; e.g. the waterleak-, smoke- and gas-sensors and Opple switches
  4. Extending the current drivers with their configuration options; will need some support here from the community to identify / gather all information from other sources
  5. Adding support for the newly released devices; e.g the Aqara D1 switches. I will need to buy them first to be able to add support for them; so this action will have a lead time anyway.

Hopefully this answers the remaining questions I have seen.

On a closing note; I’d once more like to express my gratitude about the support received from the community; great to see this collaboration!

I do hope that you will also consider to provide this support to the other community developers facing similar upgrade efforts; like:

23 Likes