[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

The Bridge is connected to the Homey Pro 2023 in sattelite mode, sorry for not posting this in the first place.

Great job Ted! The t1 light sensor works perfectly! Thanks for the great work

Hi !

I have recently purchased some Aqara temperature sensors T1.
I am trying to use these in flows, and have realized 2 things:

• It only offers triggers (When), and I am not able to read the temperature in situations where I use other triggers. Is this how it’s suppoed to be?
  • The only trigger that seems to work properly is the Temperature changed trigger. Is that in purpose?
  • It doesn’t really seem deterministic when the change event is triggered. Is it every 30 min? Every hour?

Thanks for response!

You can use the logic cards to check the temperature tag value in the AND part.
I guess the update depends on the device. If it’s a battery device it will probably report infrequently to conserve battery. Check the Advanced settings to see if there are any options to change the report interval.

First of all, welcome to the Homey Community!

To make sure you are aware of the forum rules, please read the Welcome to the forum! post here.

There is a Topic for the Aqara App here: [APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)
Therefore moved

Logic explained:

1 Like

I noticed that my T1 switch with neutral stoped reporting watt in may this year. It works to turn on/off the device. Any ideas what to do?

Hello,

Thanks for facilitating decouple mode for aqara wall switch h1 ( no neutral in my case) but still they are not working as expected.

I am having a dedicated wireless switch that works fine (even if the push commands are not being present on the log events).

I have tried to achieve similar automation flows, just to test the release and I have observed that it doesn’t work for h1 wall switch.

Having prior experience with SmartThings hub, while changing the device configuration was taking a bit longer time for the changes to take place, usually was a matter for few minutes.

Dunno if it helps but I have created a report also from homey app: 79eaf8f9-23b7-4a9e-b29f-ec6a0e1ca831.

@Adrian_Andrei I understand, based on your description, that the update does not provide the option / solution that you expected to see.

Can you elaborate what your expectation or the actual observed issue is?

Based on your logs I see that trying to set the setting a timeout occurred which should have shown as pop-up. So the setting was not effectuated, both on the devices as in the Homey UI. Can you retry?

Do note that button pushed in decoupled mode are currently not shown in the device logs.

Thanks for the response! It’s a battery powered device, yes. So it makes sense that it reports with quite low frequency. I have checked the advanced settings, and no possibility to change the temperature threshold for reporting, or the schedule.
I also see that there doesn’t seem to be a set pattern, sometimes 2 times and hour, sometimes once in 3 hours.

I would rather use triggers from apps that behaves more consistent, but as stated, the Temperature is only available as a tag that’s set when the temperature changed trigger is used.
I can use the temp trigger to set a custom variable that I use from other flows, but wanted to know a bit more on how this was supposed to work.

Usually these devices update when there’s a “significant change”, like ±0.5°C change, and once per hour if no significant change has occurred during that time.

The app can’t help it that the device doesn’t update in a way you understand.

If the app shows the temperature in the device panel, then there will be a global tag for it. Homey provides those automatically, so, in the Logic AND card, select the tag icon and search for the name you have given the device. Note: only Logic cards for numeric values will show the temperature tag.

Thanks! I didn’t know the variable was set globally - probably a newbie mistake.
Thanks for the assistance!

1 Like

Hello Ted,

Thanks for swift reply, based on the recent updates of aqara app I have configured one of the switch to work as decouple.

I have got the confirmation that the new configuration is in place and I can confirm that physically when I am trying to action the switch it does nothing.

At the next stage I have configured a flow, as attached, that should toggle the switch every time when the switch button is pushed.

My end goal is to have light bulb and wall switch state synchronized. While physical switch is off, state of Ikea bulbs stays on.

With those feature from Aqara I am planing to achieve my goal.

Sorry for the log report, I am quite a newbie with homey.

Cheers,
Adrian

Hello @TedTolboom I’m trying again to get an answer for when the Wall Switch H1 Single w/neutral will get power monitoring in Homey? I have a HP 2019 edition. I’ve tried several times over a long period of time to reach out to you but havent got any clear anwers for this. Thanks!

A couple of days ago I Have tried adding the E1 Thermostats to my Homey 2023, but the temperature measuring doesn’t work properly:

One Thermostat has been measuring 21.8 degrees for a few days without any change:

The other one doesn‘t measure anything at all:

They work fine when I add them to an Aquara hub. Any idea?

Create a flow that switches it on/off once a week or month?

Hi, I’ve encountered an issue with Aqara Single Switch (lumi.switch.n0agl1), not sure if it’s after the latest update but anyway.
I can’t seem to be able to command the output anymore, used to work fine. I’m getting feedback when the physical switch is turned on.

Ted Tolboom, No question - Just going to say - i think you are awsom and thanks for the huge service you do for the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello !
Since a couple of month I keep an Aqara cube in my spare parts drawer which only gets connected as “common Zigbee device” to homey.
All the time I hopped it will be added with an upcoming update, but even since the last update a few days ago this cube is unsupported.

Is it possible to add this device to the app?

Aqara Cube T1 Pro
Model: CTP-R01

Thank You