[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

OK now?

Hi,
I have several Aqara Curtain Drivers E1 and I am wondering, if there is somehow possibility also to indicate and use luminescent level to Homey?

As far as I know, this drivers are equipped with light sensor.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Regards,
Mateusz

Wait for Ted to create a driver for it.

So there is something wrong with the driver for T1, which already are there?

If I search for the modelID of your T1 lumi.sensor_ht.agl02, I didn’t find any reference in this topic. So I guess this T1 model isn’t supported by the App yet.

Hello all,
I bought an Aqara window sensor T1, Model; DW-503D, according to dealer it should work with Athom Homey Pro early 2018. But, I can not make it pairing. Tried everything, change battery, restart Homey, restart zigbee. Other divices like Ikea-zigbee work fine too add, no problem. But, Aqara window sensor is not discovered, what ever I do. Tips? Tricks? or how to solve?

I should add, that the sensor are represented in the Homey-app, stating it should be supported.

My aqara temp sensor stopped communication at 02:00 on may 29. Im guessing after reading a few comments that this is a widespread issue? I do not have the T1 for the record.

Edit: “repaird” the sensor, now seems to work, still monitoring :slight_smile:

Hi !
Today I purchased a Aqara Cube, but when adding it to Homey it was connected as a common Zigbee device only.
Can anybody help?

1 Like

It’s not supported.

Thanks for info. Seems to be the newer version.

Several people have been asking when the Cube T1 Pro will be supported, but no one has answered. I also bought one, not realizing it wasn’t the same thing as the cube and I had to return it. I hope someone is able to provide an ETA for support soon.

Does anyone know if the matter devices will work without the hub from aqara ?
Have an HP23

Do they support Matter over Thread? If so, then chances are they will work.

Aqara are really good at confusing people here. Some of the newer devices they’ve launched, such as the Wall Outlet H2 and Roller Shade Controller T1S, both mention ‘Matter compatibility’, but only if you use them via their own bridge. They are just Zigbee devices, and Matter over Zigbee simply doesn’t exist in this world.

We are of course working with Aqara to add these devices directly to Homey via Zigbee. But make sure to let them know you would want that as well :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve tried to search and scroll through this thread. But could not find it. (The term E1 is to short, and adding switch or something did not gave me the results I was looking for.)

But I wonder if the E1 switches will be at some point be supported by this app? Currently not I found out the hard way…because I ordered a bunch. Homey sees it as a “general zigbee device” and it does not work.

Sorry if it is written somewhere, I could not find it after searching 15-20 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, this is a very confusing “solution” by Athom. Homey shouldn’t “see” it, and thus should not add it to Homey;
It only supports some devices Homey can control, like lights, switches (read: relays) and sockets.
So sensors and wall switches don’t work.

@Doekse Abe, can you see if it’s possible to add some guidance/explanation to the “added as unknown zigbee device” functionality?
And more important, why is it possible to add a wall witch or sensor as unknown zigbee device, even when it’s not supported by the generic zigbee implementation? In other words: it doesn’t work.
It’s very confusing.
Thanx!

1 Like

Hi Erik, all supported devices can be found listed underneath the “Supported devices” section on the brands App Store listing.

Also, Aqara decides which devices are added to the Aqara app for Homey and which aren’t, so make sure you let them know you want them added. :wink:

In addition, Homey will add Zigbee devices that it doesn’t immediately recognise as ‘unknown Zigbee devices’; this will also be mentioned in the pop-up window that you will see when you connect the device.

A Zigbee device doesn’t say what type of device it is when it is paired. It can only potentially be determined by the capabilities of a device as far as I know. However, as Zigbee devices, and Aqara devices in particular, can use many custom clusters, it would be difficult to simply detect what a device is pretending to be when being paired. That’s why Homey is adding it as an ‘unknown Zigbee device ’

I found the supported devices list. (Before ordering)
But just texts like: “Wireless Remote Switch Single” made me think the E1’s would be compatible.
I assumed (and you know what they say about assumption…) the name was so generic, it would work on several switches.

I mostly use my devices through apple home(kit), so decided to get an aqara hub which is homekit compatible. (Just ordered)
In this way I can stil program my homey devices which are transfered to homekit through homekitty.
I would like to have all in homey, but hopefully this will end up in a working setup.
I only plan to use these buttons for dim the lights in several stages and on/off functionality which most likely can be done in homekit.

Ah I see, I assumed (I know, don’t assume :face_with_hand_over_mouth:) a zigbee device announce it’s function or device type while pairing.
It’s less ‘smart’ as I expected (I know, don’t expect).
Is it possible to add a note which device types work with the generic zigbee driver?
Afaik it’s light, switch/relay and socket with OnOff, Dim and Color.
I haven’t found any article with a listing of what works with the driver.
Thanks.

1 Like

Any plans to add US devices to the Aqara app?

lumi.switch.b1naus01 is the single switch Aqara zigbee light switch for the US. That works well as an unknow zigbee device, but the two button version would be great to have added.

1 Like