[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Why I ask is based on the following:

I have tested several Aqara T1 products on Homey Pro 2019, which is updated to the latest firmware. There is no problem getting them into Homey Pro 2019, the problem arises when I try to fetch data from the sensor. Nothing happens when they are added in the same room where Homey is placed, and I can see that they are added directly to Homey via https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zigbee. I have also tried adding them via a Zigbee router/gateway from different suppliers, with the same result.

In my next attempt, I added Sonoff products, which use Zigbee 3.0, and it worked in all possible ways. So when someone suggests that I should upgrade to Homey 2023 Pro, it is not an option. Because the only difference between the old Aqara and the new Aqara T1 is Zigbee 3.0, and nothing else.

And when I analyze it:

Zigbee 3.0 is not a problem when other products using Zigbee 3.0 have no issues.

It’s not Homey 2019 to Homey 2023 that is the problem, I can see elsewhere that those on Homey 2023 have the same issue.

I can do something about it if it was Homey hardware that was wrong.
I can do something about it if it was the Zigbee network that was wrong.

But I can’t do anything about the Aqara app on Homey.

That’s why I asked like that, and I would like to test and help where I can.

Apart from the specific pairing requirements for the T1, of course.

If you can pair the device with your Homey successfully, the issue you’re having is very likely not related to the app, because it’s the same for the old and the new Homey Pro, and it’s more likely an issue with the Zigbee implementation itself, which an app has no control over.

Regarding the Zigbee implementation, are you referring to:

• homey 2019 hardware?
  • homey 2023 hardware?
  • t1 sensor hardware?
  • Zigbee network?

Because errors occur on both types of Homey.

I was talking about the Homey Zigbee implementation. Both implementations (for old and new Homey’s) are not always very stable when it comes to Aqara devices.

Do you know a way to make it stable with Homey, and here I am thinking without using HA?

That sounds like a rhetorical question…

Anyone here now if the new T1 led strip LED Strip Lights T1 - Aqara is on the roadmap for integration to Homey, either via Matter or Zigbee?

@Kraakenes [APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App) - #4936 by TedTolboom

1 Like

Any solutions for the issue with the door/window sensor T1 where the contact alarm does not work?

I can add the device without issue but the contact alarm and the battery Status does not work.
Tried two devices, same issue
Tried to adding to several times, same issue

Works fine with the older door/window sensor.

I have a homey (early 2019)

Thanks.

Hello,

I already have the slightly older Aqara Door and Windows Sensor (MCCGQ11LM) and they work perfectly. Since it is difficult to get hold of more of the older ones, I recently bought a number of Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1. I have Homey Pro (Early 2019) with latest software of both Homey and Aqara app. In the app it says that it supports T1 but I can’t get it to work.

When I have tried to install the door and window sensor, the sensor has made contact with Homey and it has entered Homey as it should. When I try to make contact between the sensor and the magnet, I only get a clicking sound. It doesn’t react at all in interface. As mentioned, I bought several and it’s the same problem with all of them.

In this forum, I have seen that there are more people who had the same problem, even after version 1.8.2 was realeased. Is there a solution in progress?

Fredrik

It only works with Homey Pro 2023. It has been mentioned several times.

request add QBKG41LM and QBKG40LM in homey.
I was very grateful

I haven’t read that. Will it be possible to get it to work with Homey early 2019 or do I have to get newest hardware?

Hi, im having troubles with my aqara wireless switch H1. When installing the double switch, with the different possibilities for wireless double switches, im not getting the option from ‘left’ and ‘right’ switch, only ‘any button pushed’. strange.

You have to wait for the firmware update 10.3.0 for older versions of Homey Pro (that depends on Athom release) or buy a 2023 version which already have that firmware version.

1 Like

The tag icon of that card suggests that you can then use a Logic card to check which of the buttons was pressed.

1 Like

I don’t use this switch myself, but with an Aqara Apple 4 or 6 I have to use the “Een scene (…” flow card to use the different buttons.

1 Like

Thank you @hubo for trying to support.

The actual situation is that these devices are supported by all Homey versions.
For the older version of Homey Pro, it is depending on firmware v10.0.6 which it available.
Note: the HP2023 has a different (independent) version numbering.

Aqara app version v1.8.2 can only be installed with the matching Homey FW version.

You have added the T1 door / window sensor after updating Homey to v10.0.6 and updating the Aqara app to v1.8.2?

If the sensor is added before updating to Homey Pro (2016—2019) v10.0.6 or Homey Pro (Early 2023) v10.1.4, these devices will not start reporting. They have to be included based on these (or later) Homey firmware versions. I just added 2 brand new door/window and temperature sensors to a Homey Pro 2019, which start reporting instantly and without issues.

If it doesn’t work, please send a app diagnostics report (Apps > Aqara > send diagnostics report), with a clear description of the issue.

Please use the a scene is activated card.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying me things I have missed.

Version 1.8.5 has just been released to the app store as test version.

This version provides new support for:

• Aqara Smart Radiator Thermostat E1 (SRTS-A01)

It also provides a structural fix for the power reporting issues on the

• Aqara Smart plug (EU) | SP-EUC01
  • Aqara Single Switch Module T1 (With Neutral) | SSM-U01
  • Aqara Wall Switch H1 Single (With Neutral) | WS-EUK03
  • Aqara Wall Switch H1 Double (With Neutral) | WS-EUK04
  • Aqara Wall Switch D1 Single (With Neutral) | QBKG23LM
  • Aqara Wall Switch D1 Double (With Neutral) | QBKG24LM
  • Aqara Wall Switch D1 Tripple (No Neutral) | QBKG25LM

It fixes the issue with the motor speed action card on the

• Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 | ZNJLBL01LM

For people that are interested, please test this version and provide feedback if issues occur.

8 Likes