[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Let’s stop the offtopic discussion / speculation in this topic.

The reason that I have not been able to deliver the v1.8.0 release (T1 sensors) as expected is due to a ‘new’ requirement these sensors have in order to start reporting data to the controller (Homey).

These sensors will only start reporting data at the moment that a Node descriptor request is answer with a Node descriptor response which includes the Aqara (Lumi) manufacturer code. A ‘new’ requirement that was already present in the E1 series of the sensors (not commonly sold in the EMEA region).

Despite al different attempts (and significant effort) to work around this requirement, I am not able to solve this within Homey’s app environment; the Node descriptor response is provided by Homey’s Zigbee core during the inclusion process (before the device is linked to the Aqara app).

Athom will need to provide an option to enable responding with the expected Node descriptor response. Although the required logic is quite simple, I have not been able to get a release timing from Athom when this will be added (on the backlog)…

Likely, this requirement is also present with several new Aqara devices like the new Aqara T2 relay.

For now that blocks the ability to release support for the Aqara T1 sensors; although the drivers are ready to be released.

Instead I am working to complete the driver for the E1 thermostat valve which I will release :soon:

In addition, I am working on adding “basic” support for the T1 LED strip recently released.
“Basic” support will mean being able to control it as a regular (non-addressable) LED strip.
Adding the scenes / a scene editor, similar to the Aqara app has, will require building a scene editor within the requirements / limitations of Homey’s UI. Still the plan to implement this, but will be added in a later update.

31 Likes