[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

This is unrelated to the Aqara & Xiaomi app, and it depends on which HomeKit implementation you use: if you use the experimental HomeKit support, you have to submit a support request. If you’re using HomeKitty, please read the first post of that app’s thread.

You are absolutely right. Thank you for getting back to me so fast regardless.

I bought the H1 double switch, no Neutral, and added it to Homey. When I try to control the two new devices from the Homey app, nothing happens to my lights. After 30 seconds, I get a time-out error.

I’ve read several threads mentioning some issues with the Aqara devices - does this one simply not work or is there anything I can do to fix this behavior?

Hi,

Like many others I have an Aqara device that’s being triggered by a IKEA Trädfri device. I was under the impression that it would be fixed in a firmware update. There’s been a couple of updates, but none so far has solved the issue.

Is there another workaround to the issue? Could it be enough to re-pair the Trädfri product that is triggering the Aqara device?

Thanks
Birk

That’s an incorrect impression. AFAIK there is no solution for this issue.

Hello :blush: when we can expect the smoke sensor Aqara Zigbee to be supported?

Thanks!

Good evening.
Is it possible to add the Aqara sensor in this link to the application?
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJ2kQwV

I found the same case on the internet.

[Problem]: Aqara SSM-U01 energy resetting · Issue #10709 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

There is a solution to this but I don’t know how to apply it with Homey.

Best regards

1 Like

Good afternoon,

Since the update of the Aqara app, to version 1.8.2, I am having connection problems with my smart plugs en temperature/humidity sensors.
They are loosing their connection (Network Request Failed in red).

Regards.

These are not listed on the official aqara website, so maybe china only? (Or fake?)

I have 2 of these and they are only on the Chinese server to add Aqara home. I know it wasn’t very popular when it first came out because it was too expensive.

Hello to all

I have the same problem as Hammervoll

I see that this issue has resolvable by removed the metering converter.

See the link

[Problem]: Aqara SSM-U01 energy resetting · Issue #10709 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

How to achieve this solution with homey?.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Funny coincidence. Just when you posted that reply, I checked again and apparently, there had been a new update to the Aqara app that fixed all my devices (P1 motion sensors lumi.motion.ac02, T1 door sensors lumi.magnet.agl02) and they are working perfectly now! In fact, they perform better than the Ikea analogs, and even the price difference is fully justified, from my tests. Thank you, @TedTolboom

Can we get an update when the cube t1 pro will be supported? If not i will buy the old one and get this replaced. Tnx in advance

2 Likes

Aquara’s new round light sensor is not recognized properly in the app. A ZigBee error message appears and an icon is installed with only an on/off button, while this sensor can only detect light. How can I install this sensor under the Aquara app?

1 Like

Hopefully you mean Aqara and not Aquara.

You’re providing not much information. The “new round light sensor”, is which?
What is the name and the model ID?

Btw, in the first post in this topic all supported dives are listet. So search in the list and in this topic to see if the device is already supported.

1 Like

Hey everyone. I too am having some issues with a T1 temperature sensor. I’ve read through this entire thread of over 5k posts, so I know what’s going on. Everybody is reporting different ‘it works!’ or ‘still not working’ posts, but a lot of people fail to mention if they have an older Homey Pro or the 2023 version, which makes a major difference due to Homey firmware.

since there is some unclarity from my end, is the following correct?

• Homey Pro (2019 model) with FW 10.0.6 and Aqara app 1.8.2: T1 temp sensors shouldn’t work.
    (this is me right now. I can add the sensor just fine (even interview it in devtools), there’s just no reporting.)

• Homey Pro (2023 model) with FW 10.0.6 and Aqara app 1.8.2: T1 temp sensors should work.

I’m not asking for a fix, or to add something, I just want to know if I’ve interpreted the thread correctly. Thanks.

I had this same issue a year ago. As far as I can remember the issue is with the Tradfri light hardware not letting ‘external’ (ie. Aqara) data through anymore due to some kind of update, most likely because Tradfri now also has sensors that they would like to sell.

I ended up giving up and buying Hue lights to replace the Ikea lights. Hue lights will also not act as a bridge device for Aqara due to their closed nature, but they also won’t show up as a Zigbee-device in Homey, so the Aqara decives will not try to route through them. Depending on routing needs, an Aqara Smartplug can help you out.

Sorry for the bad news.

There are some reports of some incompatibility with aqara and tradfri devices but it’s not that ikea is actively blocking it. In my situation for example i almost exclusively have ikea “repeaters” aka lights and outlets and really a lot of aqara battery operated devices with no problems at all. Not on the older homeys and not on hp23. What could maybe be a problem is the firmware of some (older) ikea devices, when i buy stuff from them i first connect it to the ikea bridge and let the devices update before i introduce them to my mesh.

https://ww8.ikea.com/ikeahomesmart/releasenotes/releasenotes.html

The issue with Aqara and IKEA seems to be limited to having Homey as a controller, people that move to (for instance) zigbee2mqtt immediately stop having issues with Aqara sensors that don’t work properly.

My z2m network with ~20 IKEA and ~30 Aqara devices (in a network of 90 devices in total) works just fine, never have any issues.

However, Aqara devices are known for not looking for another router if their original router (the one they paired with) drops off the network for whatever reason. So if you have a router that has a spotty connection with the network, it will take any Aqara devices that are connected to it down with it.