[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I had big problems with that RC too.
Not only Aqara, but other Zigbee devices too.

In the end I reverted to the latest stable Homey firmware by the USB tool and all my devices worked flawless right after again…

1 Like

Im having the same issue… I have a temp/humidity sensor that I added a while back that works perfectly but today I bought an additional sensor and tried to install but it wasn’t recognized and added as a zigbee that does nothing.

Does anyone know if this will be fixed anytime soon or is it time to switch to some other manufacturer for such sensors?

1 Like

On 10.3.0 rc5, latest 1.7.4 - no issues at all, 74 devices, most of them (43) LUMI/Aqara.

But there has been also report on Slack - please get the diag. report including the state - current command and firmware Homey Developer Tools to Athom support.

When I go to settings - thread , I got
Boarder router available : no
Homey is preferred : no
Name : NEST-PAN-C302
Extended PAN id : 41A93DBD9131B46E
Is this ok or could this make it bad for my Zigbee?
Saw something that Homey share hw between Zigbee and
Because of the shared hardware, it is currently not possible to let Homey Pro join an existing Thread network (e.g. one created by Apple/Google Home), as this might conflict with Homey Pro’s Zigbee network.

It depends but you shared Thread data not Zigbee one as mentioned above (even they share same chip)

Btw I got both Yes…but not using Thread at all

Also looking forward for T1 sensors support! Bought a couple of them the other week. Keep up the good work!

I am not using thread but have some Google devices. I wonder why yours show Yes and not mine…?

2 Likes

But why is my show boarder router : no
And Homey is preferred : no
Running 10.3.0 rc5

Since yesterday all my devices are disconnected, running 1.7.1 and handed in a log file.
fcf768f2-c633-48a0-86d9-9721db835817

Are you running 10.3.0-rc.5?

nope, i am using 10.0.5

App version 1.7.1 is 10 months old, so if it has worked before and now it stopped it seems reasonable to assume the issue isn’t with the app and you have to start searching the forum on how to debug Zigbee issues on the old Homey (doing things like PTP, replacing the power supply, doing a software restore, etc).

Thanks for the quick solving! The Aqara ligth bulbs are working fine again!

1 Like

Thanks, I know how I will spend my evening :frowning:

For those with the same issue, I am following these steps, recommended by support team:
To solve this, we are going to try to fully re-install Homey Pro’s software. Often, this resolves issues like you have with Zigbee at the moment. Don’t worry - doing this won’t erase any of your data on your Homey Pro.

1. Go to Homey Developer Tools and select “RESTART IN RECOVERY MODE” on the bottom of the screen.
2. When Homey enters the Recovery Mode, please open the Homey mobile app and tap “More…”. After this please tap your Homey’s name beneath your account name, and tap “Add new Homey” to add a new Homey Pro.
3. Connect your Homey app to HomeySetup-XXXXXX and then to your own WiFi network After checking for updates, please select “No” if you are prompted to restore a backup. (Only for Homey Pro users who have a backup subscription) The “Options” button in grey should become available after this. Tap “Options” and select “Download full software update”.
4. When this process is done, please check if your Zigbee issue still persists.

Can you please let us know if your Zigbee works after following these steps? If your Zigbee does not work after this, could you please create a new Diagnostic Report for us? To do so, please open the Homey mobile app and go to More → Settings → General and press ‘Create Diagnostics Report’. You’ll get a unique ID, which we’ll need to view some diagnostics and dive into the problem further.

And that solved it

Please update the Aqara App for Homey Pro so that it supports Aqara Presence Sensor FP2.
Any plans for this?

"Hello, I recently purchased an Aqara motion sensor and am using version 1.7.4 of the Aqara app, which is a test version. I couldn’t add it as a standard motion sensor, but I managed to add it as a Motion Sensor P1 and it seems to work fine. However, there are some advanced settings that I’d like to modify, such as turning off the LED notification.

The app indicates that I need to press a button on the sensor to make these changes. I’ve tried this multiple times but always end up with a timeout error. Does anyone know the correct timing for pressing the button on the sensor?"

Kind of send the settings and then press the button, best in close distance to Homey - there is no timing required or something like that, just press it once and shortly. If it fails, repeat (save settings and press/wake up sensor)

1 Like

That one is a wifi sensor, while the Aqara app is about zigbee.
But, you can use it already, there’s quite a new app for the FP2: Homekit Controller

1 Like

Thanks a lot, that helped :slight_smile: