[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Correct. That means you get paid when they need you and “fired” when they have no need for you anymore. It’s definitely not the same as a regular (=permanent) developer.

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Its not about all the apps in their store but rather about one that’s undoubtedly one of the most important in the market, especially considering they are heavily advertising with Aqara. I’d even claim it to be one of those apps essential for the existence of Homey. It‘s not comparable to community apps like Unifi or SSH commands.

Very fair point, thanks for the clarification. as you probably can tell I’m not a developer myself so the distinction wasn’t clear for me from the get go. I really hope it’s not the case for Ted that LUMI f* him over. But although I can see your point about how there shouldn’t be too many expectations regarding development towards Ted (but rather towards Lumi I guess), I still don’t think think its cool to not communicate at all for 3 months despite being online regularly. It doesn’t hurt to just tell the community how things are going even if it’s just a „things not working out atm, sorry about that everyone, will take some more time“. In the end it’s a community thing and I think most of us would be willing to help some way they can.

1 Like

I agree to the point of communication. But i don’t know if he is allowed to share that information at the moment because it is not (entirely) his responsibility anymore. We’ll see.

1 Like

Even that would be something communicable though “hey everyone, would love to give some insights but currently not allowed to share any state of progress, will let you know once there is further information”

But yeah as you say “we’ll see”, not much we can do anyways.

1 Like

Offtopic: Offcourse Athom can not develop and maintain all the 100’s of app in the app store by itself. And the idea of building a community that develop it’s own apps is great in my opinion.

However… Some apps are so important for such a big group of users, that Athom should take ownership of those apps. Or atleast; support with it. Let’s say; the top 20 most installed apps.

Athom and it’s users are dependent for a big part of those apps. So a helping hand to the community is necessary in some cases. Like this one. That will be good for the overall experience and so good for Athom itself.

4 Likes

Let’s stop the offtopic discussion / speculation in this topic.

The reason that I have not been able to deliver the v1.8.0 release (T1 sensors) as expected is due to a ‘new’ requirement these sensors have in order to start reporting data to the controller (Homey).

These sensors will only start reporting data at the moment that a Node descriptor request is answer with a Node descriptor response which includes the Aqara (Lumi) manufacturer code. A ‘new’ requirement that was already present in the E1 series of the sensors (not commonly sold in the EMEA region).

Despite al different attempts (and significant effort) to work around this requirement, I am not able to solve this within Homey’s app environment; the Node descriptor response is provided by Homey’s Zigbee core during the inclusion process (before the device is linked to the Aqara app).

Athom will need to provide an option to enable responding with the expected Node descriptor response. Although the required logic is quite simple, I have not been able to get a release timing from Athom when this will be added (on the backlog)…

Likely, this requirement is also present with several new Aqara devices like the new Aqara T2 relay.

For now that blocks the ability to release support for the Aqara T1 sensors; although the drivers are ready to be released.

Instead I am working to complete the driver for the E1 thermostat valve which I will release :soon:

In addition, I am working on adding “basic” support for the T1 LED strip recently released.
“Basic” support will mean being able to control it as a regular (non-addressable) LED strip.
Adding the scenes / a scene editor, similar to the Aqara app has, will require building a scene editor within the requirements / limitations of Homey’s UI. Still the plan to implement this, but will be added in a later update.

31 Likes

Hi Ted, thanks for the update. Are the H1 Triple (neutral) wall switches affected by this as requirement as well? Or are they not in the plans to be added yet?

Hi,
I have some aqara h1 switches. All of them were successfully added to homey and works fine.
However if i want to change the whats plugged in from other to any (light) i get the error: device should be string ( #propertied/note/type)

What should be the issue here?
Thx

@miszterx Isn’t it the same as this problem?

1 Like

Yes, exactly the same.
Are you aware of fix for this?
I have 1.7.1 aqara app installed on my 2019 homey with firmware 10.0.2.

Thanks!

Just read the thread! :rage:

4 Likes

Hello TED,
thx for your engagement.
I‘m looking forward to the Release of the driver for the E1 thermostat valve.

Hello, any news related to FP2 presence sensor supported in the app?

hallo, know somebody please if come aqara s3 thermostat in supported devices? thank you very much. i can buy 1 piece for programmer.

Hi!! Does anyone know how to enable double click on the Aqara button to run a flow? I´ve already have one flow with jut one click but i want to run another one with two clicks.

Thank you

According the device list in the first post, there is no one device named “Aqara button”.

If you mean one of the different Wireless Mini Switches then you have to use this flow card:

Edit
Sorry for being a smart ass. But a big problem in the forum is that many users provide wrong and/or too little information. How should other users help them?

2 Likes

I just bought 2 aqara single switch t1 with neutral. The problem is I just can’t get them into Homey. All other aqara devices work fine without problems and enter homey straight away. Anyone have any suggestions?

What does that mean, specifically?

Also: Homey Bridge or Homey Pro?
Also #2: have you read this document on how to create a stable Zigbee network?
Also #3: how many router and end devices do you currently have in your Homey network?

Homey pro 2023
Yes i have a stable zigbee network with 98 routers and 32 end device.

You’re not answering the most pertinent question I asked. Nobody knows what “I just can’t get them into Homey” actually means.