[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

It seems Aqara sensors do not display right info in Apple home. I can see some of the devices but they won’t display correct humidity temperature and pressure.
Iam using HP2023, and I can’t find Much info about the combination with Apple home app.
In the homey app all the info is displayed correctly .
So do i keep using old hub or stay with homey.
Any suggestions ?

@Sebastiaan_M try to use Homeykitty

1 Like

I looked into programming the FP1, but it is alot of work because you also need to do all the settings for all the zone(s) setting and unsetting.

Thanks! It now works. Great tip.

Hi,
is there any estimation when the version 1.8.0. will be available for end users? Thank you for response in advance.

Hi!
Pleas add support for the best smart doorbell ever! The Doorbell G4 from Aqara. Greetings from a nerd in Norway!

4 Likes

Hi Ted,

would it be possible to also add temperature reading to this sensor ? Based on Zigbee2MQTT it seems it’s supported. Thank you.

obrazek

v1.8.0 is expected to be released end of August (due to the Holiday season) and v1.9.0 likely mid of September.

The FP1 is a niche product, which has it difficulties (as experienced on multiple platforms).
The FP2 is the evolution of the presence sensor that is released on broader scale. So I don’t expect that the FP1 will be added to the app.

No. The device temperature is reported in a different way; reporting-frequency and -threshold, only reported in whole degrees and accuracy is less compared to the temperature sensors. At other platforms (incl. Zigbee2MQTT) this is already leading to a lot of questions.

For the targeted Homey community, this would lead to too many questions / complaints, e.g. that this sensor is not able to send updates every 0.1 degrees C…

4 Likes

That’s a pity, I would still find it interesting and informative, don’t mind the 1C resolution.
I guess there could be always an comment added, like the accuracy is low and can’t be influenced.

Or even driver could have this optional, when enabled, to show it…and disabled by default.

Anyway, thanks for your answer TED.

2 Likes

Probably because most people think that there’s a separate ambient temperature sensor in these devices, but the reported temperature is the SoC temperature (i.e. it’s a sensor inside the main chip).

2 Likes

Hello fellow Homey-users,

I have a couple of Aqara/Xiaomi window-/doorsensors (Zigbee) in my house that work perfectly in my ‘old’ Homey 2019.
But, I can’t get them connected to my new HP2023.
I use the Aqara app so i don’t need a hub.
Anyone with the same issue?

What does that mean, specifically?

I couldn’t get my doorsensor connected in the aqara app, even with my HP2023 directly next to the sensor.
But, suddenly after writing my question, now it works.
So, forget what I wrote. :slight_smile:
It’s like going to the dentist with toothache.

You will be bridgemaster with this attitude :smiley: so i should have Fibaro HC, Aqara HUB, Ikea hub, Philips hue hub, Homey as Shelly does not have hub, yeah… one of biggest advantages of homey is One rule them all approach… so you can make mesh network of different brands and make your network more robust, so you can get out of vendor lock. And another issue is, i do not trust aqara/xiaomi about my data, you are OK having data in chinase compeny, that is your choice, i do want to have data stored locally…

3 Likes

I agree with you, the one-rule-them-all approach is the best, BUT the issue is the lack of updates/supports and huge differences between the official app and the homey one.

This Homey Aqara App is a good example, no update for more than 6 months is crazy (and probably nothing in the future :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:)

Using homey to get less features than the official app is a problem.

The please read the previous posts (as well).

And the Aqara app is a good example as well that is providing more options for the supported devices than the official Aqara app will expose through Matter/Thread.

Matter/Thread will provide a good solution as long as there is a mapping towards the standardly available Homey capabilities; which will go well for a light bulb or a contact / temperature-humidity sensor, but which will not work (directly) for remotes / cubes / presence sensors.

11 Likes

Thanks a lot for response and thank you for doing this job so good!

1 Like

@Etienne_Cointet, please buy 20 Bridges and stop defaming the app developers.
Thank you very much!

7 Likes

Thank you for the update on the FP1! This was obviously not the news I wanted, but at least I now know it’s time to either sell my sensors or maybe install HA to make use of the FP1s that way.

Thank you for your work on the Aqara app, Ted!

1 Like

Homey pro 2023 updated to 10.0.1 and all the B1 Curtain Controllers went offline. Restarting the homey and/or the aqara app doesn’t help.

b1317e39-74cd-43a3-90cd-6ec43ba99149

Any other B1 users experiencing the same?