[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Have you tried PTP ? (unplug Homey from power?)
I was recently re-pairing some Zigbee devices and got similar problem - however after few more attempts I was able to get it paired.

I’m using the same E1 curtain driver but no problems with status readouts.
I’m also on Homey Pro 2023 Rc133

@TedTolboom
Hi Ted,
I was wondering if there’s any progress in getting the new lumi.sen_ill.agl01 working.
If you need one to test, let me know and I will send you one for testing. (Sending from the Netherlands).

Hi there,

Using two water leak sensors from aqara but they don’t seem to report back if water is no longer present. It keeps saying water alarm active eventhough the sensor is dry.

How to get the sensor to report back its dry?
In this state it doesn’t warn me anymore if water is detected because it still think it does even though it’s dry.

Just dry the contacts, tested many times like that

Hello and thank you for your great app. Is it planned to add the aqara light sensor ?
The app is already compatible with the Xiaomi one but I guess not the aqara one. See the link of the sensor : https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004951736496.html?src=google&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=248-630-5778&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&gclsrc=aw.ds&albagn=888888&isSmbAutoCall=false&needSmbHouyi=false&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=248-630-5778&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&gclsrc=aw.ds&albagn=888888&ds_e_adid=&ds_e_matchtype=&ds_e_device=m&ds_e_network=x&ds_e_product_group_id=&ds_e_product_id=fr1005004951736496&ds_e_product_merchant_id=551905151&ds_e_product_country=FR&ds_e_product_language=fr&ds_e_product_channel=online&ds_e_product_store_id=&ds_url_v=2&albcp=20180143332&albag=&isSmbAutoCall=false&needSmbHouyi=false&gclid=CjwKCAjw8ZKmBhArEiwAspcJ7rPSUi8xBVYZTJR0i0h6M_NCON9HdvsG_9XroASL9cTRP0T4YxRjzBoCAVUQAvD_BwE&aff_fcid=2a60e5b63ce84aaeac0339c451fb8cf6-1690638662701-06984-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=2a60e5b63ce84aaeac0339c451fb8cf6-1690638662701-06984-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=6879d5989d92478ba996bb2a6543f734&afSmartRedirect=y

1 Like

Regarding the lack of app updates and limited support of devices, I highly recommend in the future to always use the official bridge/app (ex: Aqara Hub).

Now we have ton of options to connect hubs together (Homebridge, Home-assistant, etc
).

And with Matter/Thread coming, it makes no sense to use a community/non-official app. The nice idea of alternative apps is dead because they are way too limited and often obsolete.

More details in my thread : Best way to set up matter devices

Either you have inside knowledge about Athom’s development schedule, knowing that they will provide a full and complete Matter/Thread implementation, or this is all just wishful thinking and, as it stands, bad advice.

One of the main reasons for me to buy Homey is not having to add more bridges and seperate apps. Even if I bought the aqara bridge you still need a Homey app to integrate the two devices. Unless I missed it, that doesn’t exist.

Hi! I’m using the Roller Shade Driver E1 v1.7.1. on a Homey 2023 10.0.0-rc.139. There’re working fine except that battery level is not communicated to the Homey. Prior I used bith of them with Home assistant where battery level was working fine. opening and closing the curtains works OK.
Tried repair to no avail. Any sugestions?
Kind regards
Marc

I hope someone gives some clarity about further development. I also bought the Aqara 2023 T1 light sensor, but can not use it with Homey :joy:

I’ve been contemplating if I should make a separate app for it but I wonder if it would be accepted into the Homey store.

You can post it in the community store, but i think they are stil working on it. https://store.homey.community/

You mean still working on the community store or the Aqara app? The store doesn’t work on my mobile.

The store, i heard that they where working on a new/better version. Homey Community App Store

1 Like

I’m using the Aqara B1 Curtain Controller on Homey Pro 10.0.0 but the curtain motors keep dropping off the zigbee network every time there’s a homey firmware update. Tried to repair but doesn’t work. I usually have to remove and add the B1 again. I have 6 of these at home and it can be quite a hassle to do this again and again.
Hoping for some advise here.
Thank you.

Will Lumi add the Aqara Presence FP2? If yes when? Any idea?

1 Like

My attention over the last weeks have been to support fixing the immaturity issues as released by Athom with the Homey Pro (Early 2023), that affected a lot of existing apps / drivers, as also reported earlier in this topic.

On a personal note:
So if someone doesn’t respond to a DM (not advertised) within just over 24 hours, the app is declared dead? Did I advertise in the past using DM’s or a SLA on responding to them?

It is these type of responses, together with Athom releasing a Homey Pro 2023 that is introducing more issue (for the end-user all to blame for the app developer as the device is not working, expressed by 1 star reviews) than it is solving, that is taking away the fun for a developer.

As announced earlier the app is formally taken over by LUMI Technology, the company behind the Aqara brand.

I will still be involved in the development of this app and with LUMI Technology supporting the development of the app, I do expect that we are able to release updates of the app earlier and inline with the extensive product roadmap of Aqara (main focus will be on the products sold within the EMEA region first).

We are working on the next updates.

v1.8.0 is planned to include support for the T1 series sensors (water leakage, door & window, temperature & humidity, mini switch).
v1.9.0 is planned to include support for the E1 radiator thermostat.

Based on above feedback, I will check if it is possible to add support for the T1 light sensor in v1.8.0 as well.

Regarding the FP2 sensor, we are investigating if it is possible to add support for the FP2 sensor to this app (will require quite some effort to add a second communication protocol) and if Homey’s SDK allows for sufficient options to utilize the potential of the FP2.

Do note that I will make changes to the Aqara app, on communication channels and will start archiving the app repository on my private Github account as it has been transferred and my app repository is already not the latest version anymore.

22 Likes

Thanks for the update.
You mention versions are planned, does Lumi have a target date for these releases?
Is there any info publicly available to get more insights on what is planned?

On a personal note:
So if someone doesn’t respond to a DM (not advertised) within just over 24 hours, the app is declared dead? Did I advertise in the past using DM’s or a SLA on responding to them?

It is these type of responses, together with Athom releasing a Homey Pro 2023 that is introducing more issue (for the end-user all to blame for the app developer as the device is not working, expressed by 1 star reviews) than it is solving, that is taking away the fun for a developer.

Sorry to have offended you in any way. I completely understand that negative reviews can be demotivating (I’m a full time dev, I know). Seeing no activity in any way for a long period and lack of communication just made me wonder. It wasn’t meant in any negative form it was a general question which until today no one answered.

If you struggle to stay motivated or keep up with the amount of community feedback could you consider getting other people involved? “many hands make light work”

1 Like

HĂ© Ted,

Good to hear from u again :slight_smile: ! this means FP1 will be skiped since the focus will be on FP2 I guess? or will FP1 also be included as well :nerd_face: ?