[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

In that case, it seems reasonable to conclude that the issue isn’t with the app but with Homey itself. Devices that stop responding is something that happens with other apps as well. I don’t think @TedTolboom can do anything about it.

It looks like I’ve been a little too fast with responding. One of the two switches seems to keep working, so only one of the two stop working after the PTP action.
Does this change anything?

Still likely a Homey issue.

Okay thanks, so it’s best to contact Athom now?

You could try, and they will blame the app developer :roll_eyes:

i try to add a door and window sensor mccgq11lm which is in the list of supported devices.
I have 2 of them, none works. i press the button directly close to homey, it blinks blue 3-4 times, but nothing happens. also no unknown device.
i already read through a lot of articles here, but i did not find the right answer.

Please advice

Thank you!
Stefan

You need to long-press the button, about 5 to 10 seconds, to put it into pairing mode. Then press the button every few seconds until Homey finds it.

Also, don’t pair it next to Homey but at the location you intend to use it.

thank you, didnt help, but after adding an osram plug (Zigbee) it worked.
seems that an 230v zigbee device can help…

I have a similar issue whereby my mini switch would stop working once in awhile. For me, this is easily fixed with a quick press of the reset button on the switch though (probably to “wake” the switch?). Not sure if you’ve tried that yet.

Its possible to you make and Homey App that work with MiHome and can add all products like vaccum per ex?

In this app i just add some xiaomi plugs and work well

Having issues with my door/window sensor. Had no problems when I first added it, but an hour later, it doesn’t seem to report/update the contact alarms. Tried removing and re-adding the device, restarting aqara app, restarting homey, all didn’t help. Any ideas?

Yes, I tried this too, but unfortunately it doesn’t work.

Athom suggested to fully reinstall the Homey, as this could solve ZigBee issues.

However they indicated the following:
“* we expect that the issue you are experiencing with your Aqara mini switch originates from its app.”

As a lot of other user experience the exact same problem of unreachable devices after a certain time it seems more logical to me that it has to do with the app or device.

I just noticed that initially the battery information was not available. At some point this info was updated and I got a message “battery of Aqara mini switch is full again” it seems that from this moment on the switch has stopped working.

Maybe this info will help to solve this issue?

An app doesn’t have low-level control over Homey’s Zigbee stack, it basically just receives messages from the stack that a message came in, or a device got paired, or it sends a message to the stack to pass to the device. It should not be possible for an app to break the Zigbee stack to a point that would require a full reinstall to fix it.

This sounds like the regular old Blame-the-Developer game that Athom support likes to play when they don’t have a clue.

1 Like

Hi, maybe someone can help me. Just bought the Aqara H1 (no neutral) and paired with Homey. On / Off works well.

I also have smart lights on this switch. As far as I’ve read before purchasing, this switch could work in coupled or decoupled mode. The later allowing smart light control through say voice, even if the switch is off.

The Aqara app for Homey allows this setting one mode or the other like the Aqara hub?

If not, could someone please implement this :slight_smile:

Cheers?

1 Like

I will try the full reinstall option later, hopefully this will help.
I’ll give an update once I’ve done this.

hmm the status of my door sensor doesn’t seem to be reported correctly in homey. Even after I removed the battery, it still shows as no alarm and battery at 100%. Restarting the aqara app and homey didn’t change anything. Wondering if I got a faulty sensor. But it worked perfectly when I first set it up so not sure what happened between then and now that caused this.

Zigbee status issues are becoming a common thing :frowning:

Have you tried a PTP? And if your Homey is still using the original Athom power supply, try replacing it.

just tried it, didn’t help. Not using the original athom power supply. Weird thing is, every other one of my aqara zigbee devices work perfectly fine.

Affected by the random (and very frustrating) Aqara device disconnects? I’d encourage you to get in touch with Homey Support at https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/requests/new and let them know about the issue.

I’m very thankful to @TedTolboom for his work on the Aqara support - and hopefully the team at Athom and Ted can collaborate to finally get this long-running problem resolved.

4 Likes

Did you try ne battery? I had that problem. Works fine now