[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Hi all,

I am new to Aqara, but tried doing my homework and read the comment since 2021 Oct. Does anyone know, does @TedTolboom have plans to support Aqara G3?

@TedTolboom I really appreciate all the effort you are putting, keep up the good work!

Thanks (twice)!
No, at this moment I do not have any intentions to add the Aqara G3 hub to this app.

This app is focusing on adding the Aqara zigbee devices directly to Homey’s Zigbee network.
The Aqara G3 hub is Zigbee controller by itself, creating an own Zigbee network independent of Homey’s Zigbee network.

3 Likes

Hi!
Sorry for the delay, was on holidays :wink:
I have exactly 6 Temp sensors. I tried to remove two and add my other sensors without success…
I add back my temp sensor without problem.

I need some help with connect a TVOC (Model AAQS-S01).

I followed the instructions but no matter how many times I try to reset the sensor and restart my Homey Hub, it always results in with the error message:

The device stopped responding and could not be added, please try again.

Is there additional steps to take other than “Hold the sensor in close proximity of Homey Long press the reset button for more than 8 seconds until the screen flashes”?

Hello Walle,
I don’t know how many Zigbee devices you have connected, but there is an issue with Zigbee and Homey Bridge (if that is what you mean with hub).
Please have a look at the beta page (The new Homey — Beta Status | Homey)

Likewise. Bought this device supposing it would be compatible. If this could be added, that would be great! If not, I will return it :relaxed::grinning:.
But I use the app for plugs and door sensors, so thank you for all the hard work!

No, I don’t have the bridge. I have the Kickstarter version of Homey from 2016, and I have Zigbee devices from both Aqara and other brands connected to the hub and works as expected. I only have issues with the TVOC that I bought recently.

All,
I have been extensively testing the Aqara E1 Door & Window sensor with the provided sensors and trying to find a solution for the issue mentioned before, but I am not able to find a way around it.

Like referred to by @rindler, this version of the sensor expects to receive the Aqara manufacturer number (0x115f) as a response back during inclusion. It is possible to add the sensor to Homey without providing this manufacturer number, but it will simply not start reporting anything (ie. open / close state or battery reports).

In the setup Athom has used, the inclusion process is handled outside the app developers reach. In the app I specify the ID’s and inclusion instructions, but only after a successful match based on the ID’s the device is added to the app environment. Changing the response to include the Aqara manufacturer code toward the device, is something outside my reach and would require a Zigbee core update of Homey, similar to the firmware updates of other platforms to make it work.

I will, once more, bring this topic to Athom to request this Zigbee core change, but even if it will be implemented, I do not expect to have this change soon.

So therefore:
Aqara E1 Door & Window sensor (MCCGQ14LM), commonly sold at AliExpress, is NOT compatible with Homey and will not be for the near future

If people want to still order the Aqara Door & Window sensor (MCCGQ11LM) that remains working without any issues, you can order them at the EU based webshops.

8 Likes

Hi TedTolboom,

Thanks for your repley and effort. I do have an question regarding this, just to be sure: Does this also mean that the {Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 Zigbee} will not be compatible with Homey? This one can be ordered in EU based webshops as well.

Thanks!

That is a good question indeed.
NO this does not have implications on the ability to support the Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 Zigbee, eventhough it uses the same E1 series name (trying to decrypt that definition together with Aqara).

1 Like

Isn’t the power consumption measurement for Xiaomi / Aqara Smart socket plugs not working any more? It seems as if all of them have stopped reporting ther accumulated power consumption several months ago.

Is this the same for all of you?

Thanks!
Any chance you will add the Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 to the Homey app in the near future?
Now I use Apple Homekit, but I would like to integrate this divice to the rest of my home system with Homey.

9 Likes

Hello,

It looks like there is no support for the WS-USC04 which is the US double rocker, with Neutral, powered wall switch. I picked one up to see how it would integrate and unfortunately it was picked up as a unknown zigbee device. It would seem to be a quick add given all the other wall switches supported.

Thanks,
Andrew

I think it’s possible. From what I see one should look into implementing a cluster.

The cluster seems to be VibrationBasicCluster, and the attribute is sensitivity.

This means that the Basic cluster needs to be extended, the Basic cluster library is imported from the zigbee-cluster artifact from athombv npm repo.

Then the attribute to set is 0xFF0D, to the values corresponding to high, medium or low.

1 Like

Hi I installed the H1 Wall Switch Single (With Neutral) at my home. So far I’ve only programmed the Single switch to a Gledopto LED strip, via flows. So the switch does not actually cut off power, but controls through zigbee. However, after 5 minutes or so, the light turns off. I check the history and see that it’s caused by the switch flow to turn it off. Even though there is no time set to the flow. Simply, if ‘turn off’ switch then turn off light. It almost behaves like a sensor. I’ve seen online some stuff about the amount of power the switch has when turned on, but mine is’nt directly connected to the light, so it shouldn’t change. I also see the blue light on the switch is still on, after the light has turned off. What could be the cause, how to fix this?

My aquara temperatur an humidity sensor Does not update any data after install. It reports the first hour after i add it to homey, but stops sending after a while. For example, my sensors have’nt updated in two days. They are mounted on the bathroom cielling, so the temp and humidity should change frequently.

Hi, did you find a solution to this? I just got the Homey Pro and immediately experienced the same problem with the H1 single and double (with neutral) switch.

Bump. I can’t connect my TVOC Model AAQS-S01 to my Homey from 2016 (Kickstarter version). After I hold the button on top of the device for 5-8 seconds, but I get an icon of an antenna instead of flashing screen (see image).

What am I missing? Can I troubleshoot it somehow?

After reset of Homey some of my Aqara Single Switch T1/no neutral switches fail to connect to Homey. The Zigbee network has plenty of nodes in a very small apartment.
What can I do to prevent this?
if it happens what is the easiest way to solve this? (Not opening the switch in the wall for reconnect/not having to repair the flows)

Reboot Homey, PTP Homey, and if that doesn’t solve it, you very likely are going to need to find a screwdriver.