Aeotec Multisensor 6 - Insights and History?

Hi,

Have recently setup an aeotec multisensor 6 device on my homey pro.
As it stands, the sensor shows motion and tamper alarm which appear to work fine; in addition i have read outs for the battery, humidity, luminance, temperature and ultraviolet (although this appears to be always zero?).

I have 2 questions:

1. When viewing the history of events within the multisensor widget. It seems to only show the on/off triggering of the motion and tamper alarms at the different times. It does not seem to show the changes in the other sensors i.e. luminance, temperature, humidity etc.
    Is this normal?

2. When viewing insights data on the multisensor. It only allows me to select individual graphs for battery, humidity, luminance, temperature and ultraviolet. There is no insight data options for the associated motion and tamper alarms? I got the impression that insight graphs would be available for the motion and tamper alarms?
    As I understand the sensor has been paired as un-secure to the homey.
    Is what i’ve described normal, or should i definitely have motion/tamper data within insights?

Perhaps its my configured settings? Appreciate if anyone can share their configuration settings for comparison.

Thanks,
Hung

When the MS6 is installed inside, probably yes.

Yes

Yes

Hi,

With regards to Question 2 -
When i viewed the following thread, it suggested that both motion and tamper data was available via the insights. See the graphs shown in the thread. Unless functionality of the app has changed since?

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6 — Athom Forum Archive

It is a very old article, so I don’t know if it will work.
Currently I don’t know of any sensor that logs “Motion Detection” in Insights.
However, I don’t know if it would be technically possible or not.

With two additional flows and a variable you could make “Motion Detection” visible in Insights:

Flows:

Insights:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-11 um 14.38.09

1 Like

Yeah the thread is pretty old, and just assumed that the functionality was available.
However, it seems not and perhaps the app has changed since then…

However, thanks for your suggestion in regards to exposing variables as they are accessible via insights. :+1:

Aeotec Multisensor 6 has been crafted to power connected lighting using Z-Wave Plus. It is powered by Aeotec’s Gen5 technology.

Oursainsburys