Advanced Flow — Community Q&A (from Ask Me Anything 05-07-2022)

Is This about Flow Event Bus ?
You need to connect the Cards first, it works!

Strange, I use the Dutch version, so I expect the logic “Waarde” in the list, but I cannot find it.
Other variables are no problem, only in the events app.

Sorry, my bad Geurt!
I did not draw the line from the event to the else…
So he didn’t know I wanted that value.
Solved, thanks!!

But zones is a wide range og input or a big number of zones.
i test with group-App and timer
for simple on off its okay.

if you like a dimmer switch funktion its horror for new users. so i use philips hue bridge for the lights ground functions. and homey for the extras. maybe with the AF i can now figure out new ways to use all the sensor data and light functions :slight_smile:

Wouldnt an easier answer be… as long as there is activity in the flow before the all card will wait for a positive response? Which… is what i guess it would do… :smiley:

Have had the same: Logged in to my Account > Orders. There was a Button to make the Payment.

1 Like

Correct, but the ALL card is not an AND in that case, the condition #193 is “it is after dark” and gets evaluated the moment the flow starts, not during the time the flow runs, that can take much longer.
that is what @Fkey asks,

Conditions changing like “Its dark” only have impact if chained behind a Delay, you dont have to be careful with that if the ALL isn’t finished.

No button to see with me.

I would empty the cart and start over. guess that will be the fastest option.
I once have had an unfinished order for years in my account.

Even that I can’t do. nowhere the option to cancel this and order again.

Does this flow work? Would the bottom flow not just be triggered after the power changes again, and since it already finished at the middle one (so the power is let’s say 1W) it might not trigger the bottom flow, or am I missing something here?

Am I the only one that is missing a visual indicator on a card that states if a card is a When, And or Then card, Although certain functions seem only possible to select as for example a “AND” tag, after you place them on your canvas you’re not able to see what type of card it is and where in a flow it should be placed.

Might not be a big issue now, starting from scratch, but might be useful when making edits in the future

2 Likes

Yes… Absolutely…

I used to have different flow for my Microwave to distinguish between “started”, “ready preheat”, “off”. All of that stuff is now in one flow document that… Really nice…

And it works !

I have now added the next one, actually my most complex one, to track the charging of the car of my girlfriend… Used to be five different flows:

I think it should work… Lets wait…

For those who wonder why I am checking for “negative usage”… My fibaro wall plug for some reason is registering usage as a negative… No idea why, but with this flow it captures both…

same topic for me. you need to check for the 2 exits to know, thats the and card and so on. some coloring would be nice

In the car charge flow, you separate the countdown as a new when trigger, should that not also be the case with your Dishwasher flow?

Good point, when cards have 1 on the right, and cards 1 on the left, 2 on the right and 1 at the bottom, then cards have 1 left, 1 right and 1 at the bottom. So it’s visible on mouseover, but some color, or a small icon at the top right might be an improvement

Its two different countdowns… For the dishwasher the timing is very predictable, I know that after I see a power drop the machine will be finished after X seconds (must be an internal timer that waits for a fixed amount of time). I made it so that -should- for some reason after the timer runs to zero there is usage again to just restart, actually should not happen, kind of catch-all think to make sure the flow will at least finish.

With the car its different, there is no fixed time, depends on how empty the battery was and also the charging behavious is less predictable. I am assuming it has something to do with heat buildup in the car making it stop charging for unpredictable amounts of time and then restarting.

To make the issue even more difficult for some reason my smart wallsocket turns off on me during charing, Probably something to do with heat also. For this reason I am checking it the wallsocket is turned off while the status says it is on, in that case I wait 15 minutes (cooldown) and start it again.

An even more complexing issue is that home insists on reporting the usage of the wallsocket behind the carcharger as negative… this is why I am checking on positive AND negative usage in the flow…

It all works though…

I am using homeys voice as feedback that I want to here (or a pushover notification) and the timeline for statusses on everything running…

The interface for advanced flow is really great…

That is a smart idea… I am trying to keep my advanced flows really tidy but ofcourse I -know- that in a year or so there will have been so many quick fixes that the flow is not understandable any more :slight_smile:

If you set the power logic variables to the right numbers it would never trigger again probably, for some reason my washing machine pauses somewhere in the middle of a cycle for about 2 minutes, using the same amount of power as if it was finished. In your flow that would not work probably, so I created the kind of flow you are using for your carcharger with a separate countdown.