Advanced Flow — Community Q&A (from Ask Me Anything 05-07-2022)

“headless” (without graphical window) run does not require the animations :wink:
Was it in the introduction video, or somewhere else, but remember situation, where the activity’s downside execution bar fills … hmm, around sec, two, but when the mouse hover on it after, there was clear message about ~10 μs activity execution time. And… to be honest, at least i personally am not able to see all the animations, if they are in real/actual time.

2 Likes

Correct,
You are not allowed to create loops on the canvas.

Any answers on that one?

Exactly what I would like to know also

Actually that doesn’t make any difference.

1 Like

I can’t seem to be able to enable of disable ADvanced Flows on the phone app.
I don’t need to edit them on the phone, but it should be possible to enable and disable them.
The switch is there, it just does not work. Bug?

Edit: I was not on 8.0.1 yet. I am now and now it works again. Do not know for sure if it was a glitch or something that was solved in 8.0.1.

Logging in advanced flows?

One of the major benefits of AF is to reduce number of flows.
Before I had let’s say 6 flows and ok each flow i logged activity in papertrail. 2 log entries if there was an else.

Now with AF I reduced the number of flows as for example 4 of them led to the same action.
But how to do logging now?

In the action which can come from 4 different triggers and flows on the canvas I do not see any more where it comes from?

Is there an idea of a build in log without adding log actions or variables to each trigger and flow?

Thanks

1 Like

but I want to check that all sensors (doors) are closed when arming the alarm.
If not, I should get a signal, and then if I close the door, it should check again, and if it does, then through to enabling surveillance mode.
Then a loop would be easy

how can i get my AF to show up on my mobile app? Now I can’t see anything and can’t change names on my mobile

The AF flows are visible in the app. You can rename them and enable/disable them. You can just not edit them.

1 Like

What is the version of your Mobile App?

Just want to check I have this correct. In the standard flows I could select the Aeotec device in a state “Input 1 is open”. In advanced flows I can only select the state “Input 1 is open”. So as per the attached picture I selected that one and then selected the false connector for the then action. I can only assume that this is how it has been designed.

OMG :joy:
I am ashamed :rofl: :rofl:
I didn’t say anything haha I indeed had to update SORRY

Nope, just can’t get it to work properly, neither on my Android phone or iPad in either Chrome or Safari.
Buttons don’t work, can’t draw lines, etc.
I really like the new editor, bit would welcome some way of editing it on a mobile device too… :slight_smile:

1 Like

is it possible in adv. flows to use multiple triggers?

Bug? “Then” card to start another flow doesn’t show me advanced flows, only old ones.

No Bug ==> Solved Advanced Flow — Ask Me Anything - #178

Can we get something like a switch statement card?
And a way to use multiple error results as a single tag, so that I only need a single error card instead of multiple in this case:

If you subscribe to the Homey Pro backup service, are advanced flows included in the backups?

1 Like

I think “advanced” flow should make it possible to expand entering fields. The narrow entering fields is very limiting to edit for example html-mail.

4 Likes

Can someone tell me how to use the error tag? I drew a red line from the dishwasher (then card, start dishwasher) to a notification card with the error tag in it, but it gives an error itself (missing token for argument). I’m sure I’m missing something.