Adjust size tiles

After the update, the tiles have become much larger. How can the size be adjusted? Has anyone already found where to do this?`

In my case (on iPad) they have become smaller :thinking:. I had to adjust the name of some devices so that they would fit again on the tile.

1 Like

@Benvo on what device are you working ? Phone / Tablet and IOS or Android?
You would only get large device tiles if you also have a ‘larger’ font in your device settings. Is this the case for you?

@SunBeech do you have a smaller font set on your iPad?

I use an iPad.

I can’t say that I’m happy with this change.

Normally, I have the text size set to large on the iPad.

Now I’m kind of forced to reduce the text size if I want the tiles in the Homey Dashboard to be smaller.

The size of the tiles should be individually adjustable in the Homey settings.”

2 Likes

@Benvo I have a couple questions:

• Would it help you if we provide an option to just lower the text-size within the Homey App so that you can keep your iPad settings the same?
  • If you change the text-size to the default, is the text within the Homey App still readable? And if so, are the text on other apps still readable?
  • Can you provide a screenshot of your dashboard?
2 Likes

Hi Harwin,

In my opinion, the best option would be for each tile to be individually adjustable in terms of size, similar to how it can be done on a website or app on a PC/Mac.

When I set the text on the iPad to default, I find the size of the tiles in the Dashboard to be good. However, the text in other apps then seems too small to me.

The image with the small tiles is how I would like it to be.
The image with the large tiles is when I increase the text size in the iPad settings.

@Benvo thank you for providing the screenshots. This help me a lot understanding your problem. If I am correct the actually problem is that you now see 2 columns instead of 3 columns. Which is caused by the large device tiles.

While I do understand that you would like to adjust the device tiles by size yourself, this is not the way we are currently heading. We have some ideas to make it possible to overwrite the system settings with the required text-size.

I do agree that in your situation the result is unwanted. I need some information to figure this out:

• Can you tell me which iPad you use and which screen resolution you use?
  • What value of text-size increment do you use?

In iOS and I expect iPadOS as well, haven’t checked, you can set the font size per app.
Not sure if this is the only way to get to it, but if you add the text size control to control center and you long press you can change the text size for just the currently active app.

1 Like

iPad Air 11 inch.

@Harwin: No, I am using the default font size:

The iPad is an 11 inch-version.

@Benvo unfortunately I can not reproduce the exact situation you have. In my case I always get atleast 4 device tiles on a row. The dashboard has 2 columns in my case as well.

The situation you have I can only reproduce when I adjust the text-size to a larger size. At this point it is in most cases required for accessibility to have larger tiles because of the text-size.

The suggestion of @Waldo Adjust size tiles - #11 by Waldo could temporary solve your problem for now. We are investigating if we can integrate a font-size slider into the app itself.