Add Philips Hue devices using Matter, not working

Interesting 33 - might just be enough for me, I wonder what would be happen if I paired a hub with 10 devices and then just added 10 at a time …

Update, might be best to not jump the gun.

Sounds like the developer has identified the issue - which is sometimes the hardest part so hopefully there will be a fix for it at some point in the next couple of months.

1 Like

I have to say that this matter connection to the Hue bridge seems way more reliable to control individual lights than with the Hue+bridge Homey App. Especially with non-Philips lights like Ikea and Lidl connected to the bridge. Previously color changes or other settings sometimes got ignored when using the Hue+Bridge app.

Also colors and settings inside the Homey app lamp tile are more accurate when changed outside the Homey app

Hope that Athom soon implements the switches and sensors inside Matter.

Lights, Sockets and sensors should already be supported by homey. Is it Hue or Homey which is the issue?

I have the same problem adding Matter Hue to Homey. HomeKit works fine.
I also have Apple TVs, from HD and two gens of 4K. Will powering off Apple TV’s help for initial setup? Of will it also give problems when an Apple TV is selected as Home Hub?
I believe that you cannot disable devices as a Hub.

@JaccoStraaijer Can you clarify/edit your post please. I think you mean something else.

Done

I can confirm that adding your Hue devices to Homey via Matter only works on iOS at the moment and not on Android.

An interview with George Yianni, Head of Technology Philips Hue at Signify

May explain some of the issues here

yes, notifications from the motion sensor get in much quicker on my side

I’ve a question.

Started using hue over Matter and not the Hue-app.

I discovered in the flows the following:
To light up a matter hue lamp, you have to use the two flow cards: turn on/dim to % instead of only dim to %

Is this correct or is there an other way?

Not sure why it’s different, or what causes it. Some lights turn on by increasing the dim value, others need the ‘turn on’ command prior to the dim change.

I have the following problem: I’ve added the hue bridge with all devices through Matter by the iPhone app, which worked very well.

Now I’ve added a new plug to the hue bridge. I was able to add this new device to homey by the Homey Hue app. But when I try to do that by adding a Matter device, it does not work (Error is: unable to connect, you already added this hue bridge).

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Best Regards
Torsten

I am not yet able to connect my Hue bridge + devices through Matter (using iPhone Homey app). It gives the same “Could not pair device: 0x00cf” error that I’ve seen others report above.

I assume this is the issue with many hue devices (I have 35 lights on 1 bridge, 42 on another, plus 21 dimmer switches and 2 outdoor sensors). I further assume that this might be some sort of timeout during the process of adding.

I’ve seen mention of a beta release (by invitation only) called something like v10.1.0-rc.2 to try to resolve this issue. My Homey Pro (early 2023) is currently still reporting v10.0.8.

Does anyone have any insights into the progress (success?) of the beta testing and ideally any clues about full release timing?

That is just a matter of enabling Experimental Updates here:

Only Athom does :lock: (meaning, they’re “very careful” about publishing firmware roadmaps/release dates)
And in the rare case they do publish it, they do it like this:

soon

Only Athom knows :lock:

1 Like

As of Homey firmware 10.1.0-RC4 matter buttons are working now. I checked the Hue buttons I have. Working like a charm via Homey now! Almost instant reaction from the Hue tap switch! Much better performance than via the HUE app.

I will continue to test other buttons.

UPDATE: reading through the release notes this update should also fix the issues people had with lots of hue devices connected to one bridge? Unfortunately I do not have so many connected devices to mij bridge. So unable to test.

1 Like

1 Like

Do You have Hue Tap Dial Switch or just Switch without wheel? I am wondering, if the wheel is also working?

The old one without wheel

I have the Tap Dial, only press and long press is available for all buttons. I do not see any options for the dial. Also not in the “and” and “then”.

I wonder if the scene’s can be activated inside Homey trough Matter in the future. Then I really can retire the Hue app.