Add Philips Hue devices using Matter, not working

No… nothing special. Maybe it works with a future update of homey or hue. lets see.

What device are you using as a border router? apple tv 4k? As I understand you still needs one because homey is not a border router so far.

Homey to Hue Bridge communicates via WiFi/Ethernet, so no Thread and therefore no need for a Thread Border Router.

this is the error message I got when try to add the hue bridge with matter

Hi all
I‘ve the same problem
I‘ve 2 hue Bridges, both are in Apple TV without problems
One Bridge is also in homey without any problem
The other bridge, I got the same error Message.
Is it nessessary to delete the Hue App?
I don‘t want to delete it, because there exists many flows
Daniel

Hi all! Is there any noticeable performance improvement or degradation compared to the official app?

In my case there indeed is a quite noticeable difference. Through matter lights react much quicker.

1 Like

Robert, is it possible to use wheel turns from tap switch added in HP23? I have buttons 1 … 4 working, but wheel it is not working.

Turning off Apple TV helped me. Only then did HUE add itself to homey without any problems.

Thanks Marti
This workaround does not work for me
Perhaps I‘ve to many devices on one bridge
I try to move a few to the second bridge

Heavy, really to many devices
After move 10 lamps and 2 switches, it works…
Apple TV was still down

I have 51 devices!! how much you had and how much removed?

ok… just orderd second hue hub :slight_smile: … Do you had the same error with the paring?

Its really working with the split to two hue bridges. :scream_cat: … lets see how the matter setup will performe. adding new devices in hue worked also. they appeared in homey. the name sync of the device is not working. and yes… a lot of devices are not working.

Bridge 1 before move, not possible to add to homey matter
33 lamps and plugs / 3 dimmer switch / 4 motion / 1 wall switch / 3 friends —> 44

Moved to bridge 2, which was added without any problems to homey matter
8 lamps and plugs / 1 dimmer switch / 2 motion / 0 wall switch / 2 friends —> 13

Working bridges with
Bridge 1
25 Lamps and plugs / 2 dimmer switch / 2 motion / 1 wall switch / 1 friends —> 31
Bridge 2
14 lamps and plugs / 1 dimmer switch / 3 motion / 1 wall switch / 2 friends —> 21

And a lot of rules, scene, groups on both bridges

Still some bugs.
Athom got more infos from me.
No clue when it will fixed

By the way HA is not working too. Just AppleTV has made the matter connection successfully.

Same with official Hue Matter Version

Thank you for contacting support.

i’m sorry to hear you’re having some issue with the Matter Beta.

I’ve checked with our Matter developer about this issue. It seems that this error results when there are a lot of other devices connected to the Hue Bridge. Since both our Matter implementation and Hue’s matter implementation are still in Beta there might be something going wrong on 1 of the devices connected to the Hue Bridge in which case the entire connection can’t be set-up. To work around the issue for now you could opt to either remove some devices from the Hue Bridge to see if you are able to pair when there are less devices connected. Or you could opt to use the Homey App for philips hue to import your hue devices without using Matter.

The developer is very interested in your case and has requested me to ask for a diagnostic report from your Homey right after you try the above pairing process. This might be valuable information to improve our Matter protocol.

So, could you please assist me by sending a diagnostics report? To do so, please open the Homey mobile app and go to More … → Settings → General and select “Create Diagnostics Report”. You’ll get a unique ID, which I need to view some diagnostics. Please copy this ID in your reply to this e-mail.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Peter

The Athom support team.

Yes… on Apple TV it was no problem. Now split hue in two bridges worked.

As far as I know, Matter can work perfectly over ip-netweroks like home networks over cables or wifi. It is convenient if IPv6 is enabled as matter uses IPv6 and as far as I know, no IPv4. Luckily IPv4 and IPv6 can work simultanious over the same network.

For the ease of working it would be best if both homey and the hue-bridge are on the same network. Specially to avoid guest-wifi and own-wifi which most times cannot connect directly.

[edited] the origional message was in dutch, sorry for that.

@cbeerse This is the English part, so translate to :uk: please

2 Likes

I have around 65 hue lights in my home and also am unable to add the devices, I received a similar message from the developer - that they are aware of the issue.

I have a spare hub, so I am interested if anyone has successfully added 32 devices?

@Simon_Vinzens what did you split it to?

Thanks

@Jamie : I have 33 and 22 at the moment