Add a delay to a flow execution

I am trying to reset all my light states (color and temperature) before any other scene is executed. This way I dont always have to set the default color and temp in each other flow.

For example:

• Flow: Reset indoor lights color & temp
    • First I have a few cards that will set all color & temp
    • In the end all lights shall turn off completely

Then I have a flow for movie time:

• Flow: Movie time
    • Card: Start flow Reset indoor lights color & temp
    • Then a few cards that will adjust all lights optimal for movie time

My problem
In the reset flow, the lights gets shut off before color & temp have a chance to be set. So I would like to have a delay between setting color & temp before the all lights are shut off:

• Set all color & hue
  • Pause for 2 seconds
  • Turn off all lights

So, when I run “Movie time” it will execute like this:

• All colors & hues are set properly
  • All lights are turned off
  • All lights gets reconfigured for movie time

How can I accomplish this in the best way? Would be so easy if we just had a “Wait” card to use…

Every card has a “delay” option…
Not sure if you have to translate the delays from the first card to the second card
and so on, but that can be tested.

Split upyour flows.
I have created multiple flows (scenes) that set the lights to a certein setting (Off, bright, dimmed, alarm etc)
The flows are started by a virtual device (you can also use “when this flow is started”

Now you can call these flows Using a delay.

2 Likes

All cards in the Action part start “at the same time” so delay have to be added from initial start of the Action part. i.e. if card two should start 3 seconds after card one it should have a 2 sec delay, and if card three should start 2 seconds after card two it should have a 5 second delay.