Ad X number of degrees to a flow activated by a temperature sensor

Hi Homeys!

So I have just installed a solar heater panel to my little pool. I have a filter pump (that sends the water through the panel) connected to a Nexa outdoors switch and a temperature sensor in the pool and one on the solar panel.

Now I want to create a flow that activates the pump when the temperature on the solar panel is higher than the pool water which is easy enough. However, I’d like to ad an “offset” for the temperature difference. When the sun is shining the temperature will always be higher on the solar panel resulting that the pump will run constantly…so I’d like to set up something like this:

WHEN "Solar panel temperature +15°" is higher than pool temperature: THEN “Start pool pump”.

This is what I have done so far:

Basically I’d like to add the “+15°” to the logic card in the first row or something similar and maybe in the logic card in the second row to…I’ll have to experiment with the numbers a bit when I get it to work.

I’m sure there is a simple way to do this…I just don’t know about it. :blush:

Use it like this:
{{[Temperature] + 15}}

Where [Temperature] is the tag, and the value is just 15, without the ° sign

I knew there was an easy way! Now that I see it…I think I have a bookmark for the page that explains those things within brackets. Thank you Peter! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah you can do lots of things with it
Like rounding a value to zero digits:

Or with certain digits:

Search forum for math, mathjs, math.js

1 Like