[Abandoned] deCONZ

Is anyone running deconz 2.14 in Docker with some recent Tuya TS011F plugs (or Blitzwolf SHP15)? I am facing issues whenever I enable DDF to pair them (or use DDF - Hot reload):

I have been struggling with this for months now, and I would really like to know if this works well for others? Note: Backup your Deconz database first! :wink:

What is the difference between the app on the Community store vs. 1.29.2 - is it actually different and has anybody installed that version (think its 1.8.0) ?

Supports less devices. And the GitHub version is 1.27.2 unfortunately

All are in use so don’t have any to test. Do you have to do something special in order to use the ddf method, or is this just the new default.

Haven’t bought any new zigbee devices lately.

I can easily reproduce the issue by selecting an existing SHP15 plug, right clicking “Edit DDF” and from the menu choose “Hot Reload”:

Looks like it somehow enables DDF for all these plugs, including SHP15’s which do not have the same manufacturer name. In the debug log you’ll see a lot of DB and device/sensor activity. In my case this messed up reporting and caused deconz to become increasingly unresponsive to the point of crashing. This continued for me even after a reboot, restoring the backup solved all issues.

I would be very interested to see if it happens to others as well!
Not much luck in the official Deconz forum so far…

Thanks. That’s a shame!

When I press hotreload from the file menu nothing happens, is there something specific i should look for?

Can you check if deconz becomes slow from vnc (when I drag a window if will redraw slowly, power updates will be delayed etc.). I also noticed in the debug log view (Info1) that there is a lot more logging mentioning “ZCL Read” instead of “ZCL attribute report” for the plugs?

I’ll try this tomorrow for you, didn’t seem any different at first sight

Nope, everything seems to respond normal for me.

1 Like

Thanks, I actually found out today that the SHP15’s are already using the NEO DDF:
DEV found DDF for 0x84FD27FFFECE7BEA, path: /usr/share/deCONZ/devices/neo/NAS-WR01B.json

The problem must be with the new compact orange plugs + DDF then.

And those are cheap 16A with < 5 W reporting power plugs?

Yes, the compact orange ones. Not sure what is going on, but maybe also a bug in deconz.

BTW: Deconz 2.14.1 stable:

2 Likes

Do you have a link for those?

These (should be around €10 each):

BTW: I am still having issues with them on 2.14.1…

I have one of them but Homey doesn’t read the power consumption neither from Homey ZigBee and deCONZ

I found this, not sure but it seems to be 1.29.3 now maintained by Sepp Malec and IB Tomsen ?

There is an article here in Danish (not my strong point!):

2 Likes

oh wow, thats cool! My Danish is pretty bad too. Google translate does a nice job though. There is not much information, not much more than we already know, I guess. They indeed seem to have incremented the version number to .3.

I just don’t know if they took the 1.27.2 release and changed the version number, or if they actually got the 1.29.2 release and improved from there, either way, It is nice to see someone picking up the development. Hopefully they’ll add it to ‘a’ store. I guess they just started to build upon 1.27.2. Which obviously is better than nothing.

It’s based on 1.27.2: Update app.json · ZeppDK/HomeyCONZ@a8f03df · GitHub

1 Like

And the parent(s) tells the rest.

2 Likes