[Abandoned] deCONZ

@Eternity, I answered rafi’s question with the Raspberry. I’m not sure if the information will help you. Of course it would be great.

Off topic, but perhaps a work around.

Earlier I had Home Assistant installed, and within HA I had DeCONZ running. This was using a RPi.

I tested running HA in docker on my new Synology. That works without extra tweaking. Perhaps installing DeConz within HA again, but this time on my Synology is an easier solution.

@robertklep
What hardware do you use?

I have access to deCONZ app directly on Raspberry and there’s an option - Plugins>REST API Plugin which shows the API key. With that info I entered all the parameters required by deCONZ app on Homey and it was able to connect. However the app on Homey keeps crashing with those manual settings. I’m so fed up with that solution. Having waiting for 2 years and a half for stable Zigbee implementation on Homey I decided to by ConBee2. Still not a good way. Now they have release the new Homey version with stable (this is what they say) Zigbee. But the thing is that most of the apps are not compatible with that. Pointless as you can’t even check if there’s been an improvement with Zigbee.

For you. Plenty of others are very happy with it. The app keeps crashing because of a reason (does your RPi have a fixed IP-address?), but we can’t help you if you don’t post any information.

Synology DS918+ with a Conbee I.

There is what is now called Home Assistant Core, which requires a separate deCONZ installation, and Home Assistant, which was previously called HASS. The latter has deCONZ support “built in” (or at least it has a plugin/addon that you can install), and might be easier for you to get going.

I use the separate installation.

Yes, Raspberry is on fixed IP. What other information do you need? How do I check why it keeps crashing? I’m on v1.11.2. When it doesn’t crash I tried adding the existing Philips Hue motion sensor that was already in deCONZ app and after discovery Homey can’t find it at all.

Run it from the command line and see if you get any errors. You can also create an issue on Github so the developer knows you have problems: Issues · MadMonkey87/HomeyCONZ · GitHub

Yes, that was what I had running earlier. All for testing purposes.

Thanks!

I have also entered the parameters manually. The app does not crash, v.1.11.2.
The Ikea Kadrilj blinds do not work properly via the ConBee. But I have already reported the bug.
Therefore I have integrated the blinds directly via Homey and they work fine. The problem is that the Ikea Tradfri app does not support many Ikea devices, ConBee does. So what is the best solution? :man_shrugging:t3:

Is there any tutorial how to run it from cli? The app doesn’t crash all the time. It’s intermittent. I opened a ticket on developer’s github yesterday re that issue but no reply yet. Also when the app runs and I try to add a device in Homey it can’t find anything. No idea what’s going on as you say it runs for most of you ok. Can this be a change at ConBee2 hardware I bought a week ago?

Mine I bought two weeks ago.

If you still want to run on the syno, as @robertklep said, look for macvlan, you should read through this link: https://blog.oddbit.com/post/2018-03-12-using-docker-macvlan-networks/

The adding of a user to the dailout group is not needed for a synology as there is no such group by default.

Oh and btw, the dev is probably : /dev/ttyACM0

2 Likes

i can not get te right scene for my kitchen connected. In phoscon i created differend scenes for different rooms. For my kitchen i want to turn the lights on with a sensor when in homey the kitchen gets active. As you discribed i added a card of group kitchen on, card recal a scene, but when i try to ad the scen “lights warm” in the kitchen only the scenes from my living room are shown. What is wrong??

Hey @Ype
Are you sure that in phoscon the scenes are created as child of the kitchen group?

as you can see they are child of the kintchen group

Let me investigate, maybe I’ll need a little help from you :smile:

1 Like

oke

I think i know a liitle bit what the problem is. As soon as you change annything in conbee, a light change or anything, i think you have to remove the Group and re-add it again an use it for Your flows in homey, at least i think it is. Every time i edit a scène in can be re-add. Exept zithoek witch keeps can be re-added

I could reproduce the case and it seems it is not in deconz and not with my app but rather with homey itself…I am sure I’ll be able to provide a workaround but I need to dig a bit deeper