ZWave Device unreachable

Hello

I have a Z-Wave Device (Neo Coolcam Door Sensor).It changed the state all the time from on to off. When I have a look on Z-Wave on Homey Developer Tools and will Test the Device I get Node Unreachable.

It should connect over the Aeotec Range Extender. The Aoetec Range Extender I can Test without problems. Is it possible to set, that the Neo Coolcam Sensor 5 has to try to connect only to the Aeotec Range Extender?

On the Z-Wave Log I have this entry. Can you see what’s the problem?

[2024-06-24T15:12:57.552Z] Transmit failed with TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK - txStatusReport: {“wTransmitTicks”:“0x1f5”,“bRepeaters”:“0x0”,“rssi_values_incoming_0”:“0x7f”,“rssi_values_incoming_1”:“0x7f”,“rssi_values_incoming_2”:“0x7f”,“rssi_values_incoming_3”:“0x7f”,“rssi_values_incoming_4”:“0x7f”,“bACKChannelNo”:“0x1”,“bLastTxChannelNo”:“0x1”,“bRouteSchemeState”:“0x7”,“pLastUsedRoute_0”:“0x0”,“pLastUsedRoute_1”:“0x0”,“pLastUsedRoute_2”:“0x0”,“pLastUsedRoute_3”:“0x0”,“pLastUsedRoute_4”:“0x2”,“bRouteTries”:“0xb”,“bLastFailedLinkFrom”:“0x7”,“bLastFailedLinkTo”:“0x5”,“bUsedTxPower”:“0x0”,“bMeasuredNoiseFloor”:“0x0”,“bDestinationAckUsedTxPower”:“0x0”,“bDestinationAckMeasuredRssi”:“0x0”,“bDestinationAckMeasuredNoiseFloor”:“0x0”}

Best
feron

it is a battery device, they are only awake to receive signals for like 2-6 times (depending on the wakeup interval) a day for a few minutes (at max) to save on battery life (or the battery would be drained within a week).
if you have issues with the device suddenly not responding, then probably the battery is dead.

Hi Caseda

Thank you for your answer. Yesterday I took the battery out and put it again and then it worked for a few hours. That could be with the battery. But when I test the battery on a battery tester, it shows me OK. But the batterie has a older date from 2019. Could it be that the batterie is too old? I will buy a new one and will test it.

Thanks
feron

1 Like

Hi Caseda

Today I changed the battery. I still have the same problem. The first time I changed the battery it was Online and now its Offline again (unreachable). Do you have another idea?

Best
feron

1 Like

Even with a new battery it is asleep 99.8% of the time, so unless you wake it up manually just before you test, or can time it right when it auto awakens (which I can guarantee you is very, very difficult to do).
It will be unreachable.

Hello,
I’ve had the same problem with a few of my NeoCoolcam door sensors (I have more than 20 of those) and had to throw them away